Author Topic: 4745 mongolian warrior special  (Read 7167 times)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
4745 mongolian warrior special
« on: July 24, 2010, 23:05:51 »
Finally it is here, the mongolian warrior. I was looking forward very much to get this one. Only out since this month here in Holland.

But..........it is very similar to the easter egge mongolian horseman (4926). The klicky is basicaly the same. The color pattern is different, but the colors are the same: yellow and red.

And the katana(japanese sword) is back!!!!!!! It was only available in the old ninja set, in gold/bronze. But that hasn't been in the shops for years, here. And later there was a katana in the ghost pirate theme. But that one was coppery and had chips out it. Now here it is, in silver/metal. Good news for customisers I think.

But............why has a mongolian warrior have a Japanese sword??????????? (Yeah, of course he nicked it on a plunder and pillaging trip)

Furthermore the katana holder doesn't work well. When you put the katana in, the center of gravity is wrong. It tends to hang rather horizontally, so the sword tips out easily. see pic 4.

Not a problem for displays. But it is a problem when a child plays with it.

But I still like it. I'm very happy with it. It looks great. You recognize it immediatly as a mongolian warrior. Well designed.

And it is nice to see something from the far eastern theme again. Very little far eastern playmobil has been made sofar. More of this to come? I hope so. Would love to see a Djengis Khan (with tent and other mongols).

Enjoy the pics!
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Re: 4745 mongolian warrior special
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 03:31:59 »
Thanks for the review. This is a very nice klicky. Regarding the japanese sword option, I guess Playmobil has generally defined it as the asian sword instead of just japanese. I think they are not accurate in asian theme. The clothing of the black ninja, should instead be an ancient Chinese.

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 03:32:56 »
What about the shield, they are using the same viking shield in this special ???

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 05:50:35 »
I think he looks good, Ali, and thanks for the review.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 06:55:04 »
What about the shield, they are using the same viking shield in this special ???

Is it a viking shield? I always thought of it as a generic roud shield. It can be whatever you want it to be, depending on what sticker you put on it.

Mind you, the early ones had stickers you had to put on yourself. No they are ready printed.

Please note that the easter egg mongolian has a different shield.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 07:29:49 »
Great review, Ali Baba!

He looks a great little fella, and I think I will get one when he is available in the UK

Damo :)

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 07:33:31 »
Hi Ali,

Again, a very nice review of a very nice special.

It's really useful to see him up close! Like the Conquistador, I knew I wanted to get a few of this guy, and your review has definitely confirmed that.

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 08:51:41 »
Fantastic Klicky!!! I've bought one through ebay and waiting for him to arrive this week!!!

Thanks for the great review Ali!!! :wave:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 09:28:15 »
Is it a viking shield? I always thought of it as a generic roud shield. It can be whatever you want it to be, depending on what sticker you put on it.

Mind you, the early ones had stickers you had to put on yourself. No they are ready printed.

Please note that the easter egg mongolian has a different shield.
:P Thanks, I am no archeologist and it is true we can put whatever pattern we want on the shielf~~

I have ordered quite a few of those lovely stickers for the viking shields, they are just amazing.  :wave: :love:

Thank you for posting the rear view of the klicky, maybe we can put another sword in the left side :)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 11:29:05 »
A scimitar would look more accurate, I think. They had these long thin curved swords. A katana is way to far off. Never seen a playmo scimitar in silver/metal though.

About the scabbard, I think this piece is unique to this special. Should have put that in the review.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman