Author Topic: Circus set 4236 really balances!  (Read 4369 times)

Offline rufusxavier1977

• Playmo Enthusiast
Circus set 4236 really balances!
« on: July 21, 2010, 19:49:27 »
So right now Toys R Us has all Playmobil at 25% off, so I went and picked up some circus sets to put in my tent. I was setting up the tight rope set and was amazed to find that the figure will balance, not just the unicycle like in the picture. Color me impressed! It makes the set a lot of fun to play with. I was so surprised that I grabbed my phone to take a couple pictures (not the highest quality) to share. I also got the horse set 4234 which has a fun spinning feature. The horses don't do much for me, but maybe with some elephants will look cool. The circus sets are actually some of the most creative things I've seen from Playmobil in a while. I got the tent and band as a gift, but ended up really liking them all.

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
Re: Circus set 4236 really balances!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 22:33:04 »
Cool! Just shows what a fantastic toy Playmobil is!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 22:39:14 »
I've got this set and it really is great.
I have used the tightrope walker on the Romani Circus high wire too.

Elaine  :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 00:44:13 »
hello

Not only do the tight rope walkers work but just about everything is well thought out. the dogs balance on the cans, the acrobats can do hand stands with those special clips, the launcher really sends those klickies flying etc.... The circus was a favorite Christmas present at our house, so much so we now have 3 tents  :woohoo:

The only thing I can not figure out is, why it did not sell well and ended up on clearance  ???

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 01:54:18 »
I don't have this set, but it looks very cool. There's only one here in a Toys R Us, but I'm not sure if I should buy it or not. It coasts about 15.00 dollars. What do you all think I should do?

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 02:16:24 »
I don't have this set, but it looks very cool. There's only one here in a Toys R Us, but I'm not sure if I should buy it or not. It coasts about 15.00 dollars. What do you all think I should do?

Baden  :wave:

HI Baden

Your asking a bunch of addicts of Playmobil if you should buy more Playmobil  :lol: hmmm well I say go buy the one and a few other sets @ 25% off then go to the next town and load up on more  ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 02:19:28 »
HI Baden

Your asking a bunch of addicts of Playmobil if you should buy more Playmobil  :lol: hmmm well I say go buy the one and a few other sets @ 25% off then go to the next town and load up on more  ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

I did go today and bought a bunch of sets. I found some egiptions, a few log cabins, 6 circus tents, and some knights.
All playmobil was 25% off.

Baden
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline rufusxavier1977

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 06:03:52 »
hello

Not only do the tight rope walkers work but just about everything is well thought out. the dogs balance on the cans, the acrobats can do hand stands with those special clips, the launcher really sends those klickies flying etc.... The circus was a favorite Christmas present at our house, so much so we now have 3 tents  :woohoo:

The only thing I can not figure out is, why it did not sell well and ended up on clearance  ???

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

I wonder if it has anything to do with kids today not having any real exposure to what a circus is. I'm sure they might see them in a book or movie, but how many ever actually get to see a circus or become captivated by their world? The circus today (if you are lucky enough to have one come to your city and the money to go) is housed in a stadium or arena, so the whole "Big Top" thing doesn't quite fit anymore. I find myself drawn to the series because it feels more like a historic theme to me--blending in with my Victorian figures and sets.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 06:42:39 »
In the UK the really big circuses have gone for a variety of reasons, concerns about animal welfare being only one.  There are still some small travelling circuses with the traditional big top relying more (in some cases entirely) on human acts.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 11:47:48 »
hello

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
Hey I'm missing something somewhere - which set is the launcher in?  Have I not read the instructions in my excitement to set things up?  :-[

Elaine  :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).