Author Topic: 3277 - Construction Action set  (Read 9114 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
3277 - Construction Action set
« on: June 19, 2010, 16:23:43 »
Hello :wave:

My recent purchase is of construction action set 3277. Mine was second hand from ebay so there are a few faults :lol:

Some images from the huge box:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: 3277 - Construction Action set
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 16:34:05 »
There is absolutely nothing new in this set at all. The vehicles are all re-paints, and the figures from recently retired sets.

Anyway, there are 3 vehicles in the set - a truck (Unimog), a bulldozer, and a towed conveyor belt:

Strangely, all the wheels on the vehicles are of a different design to the ones on the box, so I don't know whether they changed their minds when it was put in production, or mine is a later set where sometimes things like this are changed.

There are four attachments that can fit onto the rear of the bulldozer: a winch, a ripper, a tow hitch, and another type of hitch. As usual thses are all compatible with the front and rear of the truck (apart from the ripper due to it's size):

The bulldozer is one of my favourite construction vehicles, and the main reason I bought this set is because I didn't have the oroginal. It looks absolutely fab with the winch on the back.

Bill Blackhurst made a great custom from the bulldozer:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4010.0

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 16:43:30 by flatcat »

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 16:39:10 »
There are four Klickies in the set, all of which have previously appeared in retired construction sets. Strangely, there is a workman with a 'construct' helmet, even though the livery is clearly 'construction International' ( or '3 blocks' as I call it) ;D

Accessories are rather plentiful, including everything for a great construction site:

Thanks for looking,
Damo :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 18:01:30 »
Nice buy (again!), Damo, and a nice review.  Thank you.

(Can you show how the wheels on the vehicles and the wheels on the box differ, please?)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 18:40:45 »
Nice buy (again!), Damo, and a nice review.  Thank you.

(Can you show how the wheels on the vehicles and the wheels on the box differ, please?)

Thanks, Gordon :wave:

- Sure:

Truck (box)

Truck (real)

Conveyor (box)

Conveyor (real)

Bulldozer (box)

Bulldozer (real)

I think this maybe a case of what Socrates said about the tow hook from the box image of my 3126, in that Playmobil use prototypes for their box images. If you notice, all the wheels on the box images are those from the original models on which these models are based upon (repainted), so if Socrate's is right, then Playmobil will have probably painted those original wheels for the photographs for this set, and then used the newer wheels in production, like what could have happened with the black tow hitch. If this is correct, then in fact the 3126 must be the first set in which a black tow hitch first appears, as they had to paint a red one black.

If this makes any sense! :lol:

I would be interested to know if anyone else out there with this set has the actual wheels that appear on the box images, as this may prove this theory correct :-\

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 19:29:21 »
actually i don't know why they do these things its strange like the curtains of the 5300

the curtines on the catalogues and boxes

http://www.collectobil.com/images/items/d5551.jpg

the real curtines

http://cgi.ebay.at/Playmobil-Gardinenstange-Gardinen-rosa-5300-/220594671172?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DE_Allesf%C3%BCrKind_Spielzeug_Playmobil&hash=item335c778e44
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 19:38:06 »
HI

Wow I have been looking for this set in the US for as long as I have been collecting. You have no idea how lucky you are to have such used resources where you are. It not only sucks that Playmobil is not as popular for the new distribution but then our used market is so limited as well. I know there are others here who also have been looking for that white dozer and well I am glad it ended up in good caring hands.

I did not ever notice the wheel switch-eroo and have to say the box image wheels of the truck look much more fitting for a Unimog (very tough looking)

Thanks for making me (again) a shade darker green with envy (you lucky bast*&%)  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 19:48:11 »
HI

Wow I have been looking for this set in the US for as long as I have been collecting. You have no idea how lucky you are to have such used resources where you are. It not only sucks that Playmobil is not as popular for the new distribution but then our used market is so limited as well. I know there are others here who also have been looking for that white dozer and well I am glad it ended up in good caring hands.

I did not ever notice the wheel switch-eroo and have to say the box image wheels of the truck look much more fitting for a Unimog (very tough looking)

Thanks for making me (again) a shade darker green with envy (you lucky bast*&%)  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

it's not rare rasputin

i've found two on ebay for you
 http://cgi.ebay.ca/PLAYMOBIL-3277-CONSTRUCT-BAUSTELLEN-SET-OVP-KOMPLETT-/360266267450?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DE_Allesf%C3%BCrKind_Spielzeug_Playmobil&hash=item53e18afb3a

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PLAYMOBIL-3277-CONSTRUCT-BAUSTELLEN-SET-NEU-OVP-/360270725150?cmd=ViewItem&pt=DE_Allesf%C3%BCrKind_Spielzeug_Playmobil&hash=item53e1cf001e

The spirits rule !!!!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 20:42:59 by flatcat »

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 20:46:26 »
HI

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

This was the first 3277 I have ever seen for sale on UK ebay - and lucky enough for me it was another buy it now ;D

Yes, I think that the Unimog wheels on the box look much more suiting, but overall, IMO, I think that the truck doesn't really spawn such a strong resembalance to a Unimog - not like the recent 4046 :love: