Author Topic: Seeking instructions for assembly of Pirate Ship 3940  (Read 4677 times)

Offline purplequeen

• Playmo Pal
Seeking instructions for assembly of Pirate Ship 3940
« on: June 16, 2010, 12:07:20 »
I am missing a couple of vital bits to an old ship that has been passed to me, which I am trying to get ready for my son's 5th birthday at the end of July, which aren't inventoried on the PlaymoDB.

I have tried to order parts from Playmobil what I thought they were, but either they have sent a different item or they have not sent any item - that includes trying to order the instructions!

So if anyone can help me, I would be grateful. The instructions will be the only way I can find the number of the parts (hopefully).

Thanks
Miranda

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Seeking instructions for assembly of Pirate Ship 3940
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:20:46 »
If you send me your email by Private Message, I can email you the plans.

Which parts are missing?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline purplequeen

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 19:37:27 »
Thanks I will do.

I am missing sail clips - for the front sail, and also the crane mast for the platform loader.

The misread the number, by one digit, for the sail clips and sent me part for 4136 instead!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 20:51:41 »
Plans on the way.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 23:42:51 »
bits ... which aren't inventoried on the PlaymoDB

Hi Miranda,

PlaymoDB mistress here!  If I've made an error in inventorying this ship, I'd like to straighten it out.  Are these the front sail clips?
30 06 4010 - Loop, snaps onto sail

and one of these, the crane for the platform?
30 61 4340 - Spars (set of 3) horizontal sail holders

If so, I'll see if I can rename them to make them more clear; if not, could you look at the plans and say what the parts are that you're missing and if they actually are in the PlaymoDB inventory or not?
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline purplequeen

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 11:47:00 »
Hi PlaymoDB mistress

I was going to look and compare. Now although the number 33 61 4340 is the same, I could not be sure that what you have in your picture was what I was looking for, as it says 'set of 3 horizontal sail holders', and it is not a sail holder - and plus there are 3 sails, so assumed it was for each of those. The picture that is on the instuctions I have been sent (Thanks Gordon), is separate from the sails - it is shown when the main masts are put together. But indeed the number is the same, but I had not tried ordering it just in case.

The difficulty has been in trying to 'see' clearly in any pictures what the part itself looked like too. I ordered one that looked right from another playmobil item - 4136. But I have that now and it is too big.

As for the sail clips for the front sail, the part you mention is not the one I mean. I have those, those are for clipping to the sails, and then to the clips that then attach them to the ship. The part I am looking for is 30 61 4420 apparently, which is the same number for two types of clips. And you do have that listed, but again, due to a lack of a picture to show them attached to the front sail, I was not sure they were what I was looking for! I ordered some others from another ship that 'looked right' but were far too big!

But don't take any of this incorrectly, I think the Database you have is fabulous, and really really helpful. I wouldn't have had a chance of finding any of the part numbers out at all if it wasn't for your database, and also for a couple of other playmobil items I have. (Castle, pirate Island, Pirate treasure chest etc. etc.) You also do a lot of cross referencing, so that must get complicated!

Everyone has been so helpful. Thanks. I will now try ordering again and see what I get.
Miranda

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 15:22:05 »
Hi PlaymoDB mistress

I was going to look and compare. Now although the number 33 61 4340 is the same, I could not be sure that what you have in your picture was what I was looking for, as it says 'set of 3 horizontal sail holders', and it is not a sail holder - and plus there are 3 sails, so assumed it was for each of those. The picture that is on the instuctions I have been sent (Thanks Gordon), is separate from the sails - it is shown when the main masts are put together. But indeed the number is the same, but I had not tried ordering it just in case.

The difficulty has been in trying to 'see' clearly in any pictures what the part itself looked like too. I ordered one that looked right from another playmobil item - 4136. But I have that now and it is too big.

As for the sail clips for the front sail, the part you mention is not the one I mean. I have those, those are for clipping to the sails, and then to the clips that then attach them to the ship. The part I am looking for is 30 61 4420 apparently, which is the same number for two types of clips. And you do have that listed, but again, due to a lack of a picture to show them attached to the front sail, I was not sure they were what I was looking for! I ordered some others from another ship that 'looked right' but were far too big!

But don't take any of this incorrectly, I think the Database you have is fabulous, and really really helpful. I wouldn't have had a chance of finding any of the part numbers out at all if it wasn't for your database, and also for a couple of other playmobil items I have. (Castle, pirate Island, Pirate treasure chest etc. etc.) You also do a lot of cross referencing, so that must get complicated!

Everyone has been so helpful. Thanks. I will now try ordering again and see what I get.
Miranda

Thanks for your input, Miranda!  I'm always looking for ways to improve the usefulness of the database, and other people's points of view are often enlightening. I hope you get the parts you need.

Cheers, Heather
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline purplequeen

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 11:20:53 »
The parts arrived this morning, so I have been able to hoist the front sail!  :D

And I also have the crane mast too, so it is now a fully working Pirate Ship!! Yey, in time for my son's birthday on the 28th of July too!! He will just LOVE it!!!  :love:

Thanks everyone for your help. I am sure I will be back again in the future!

regards
Miranda

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 12:35:23 »
Good to hear Miranda, hope to see you back soon.

Enjoy your son's birthday!!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 14:57:32 »
I bet he will absolutely love it! :)
Have fun.
Steck is BACK! <:>