Author Topic: 4694 Hooded phantom  (Read 6268 times)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
4694 Hooded phantom
« on: June 01, 2010, 21:26:48 »
When I saw it announced a while ago I knew I had to have it. Found it a couple of weeks ago in my local toystore. It really made my day.

It has a really weird face. The head is white, eyes red with black rims and a sort of toothy grim. It looks like the mouth is stitched on, but I think it is supposed to represent teeth. It had white hands too.

It really suits my project (a fantasy wargame), so I'm really happy with it. I think it looks great. Nice and scary. Not sure what children think of it (and I do not think many parents will buy it as a gift).

The skull is metallic. It attaches to the double headed axe with a sort of ball joint. It can twist and turn on it's attachment point. I think that is the only weak point of this special. Because of this it is difficult to keep the skull straight on the axe.

Mine came with an extra metallic skull. Fantastic! That won't go amiss! >:D All in all a very nice special. The best new one this year, although I already love the mongolian warrior. Don't have it yet, though.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 21:35:15 by Ali Baba »
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: 4694 Hooded phantom
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 21:51:42 »
Thank you for the great review Ali Baba. So lucky with the double skull. I Already had one but definitily want to buy at least 2 more! The big double blades axe is such a great weapon. And the hood and the long black cape!

I must admit that I share your sentiment in regards to it not being an optimal gift for smaller children.

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 22:05:38 »
Thanks for the nice review. I like the set. Oh, and my son (8 years) likes it also. He says, they look like he imagined the dementors from harry potter.  Well, I think, they are not far away from that. :P

Interesting detail here is that playmobil used a new mould for the skulls.
The silver ones are different to the skeleton skulls, even though the white skulls also fit on the axe.  :)

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 00:14:02 »
Thanks for the review Ali Baba, I was going to pass on this but I like all the bits that come with it so I think a few are in order.  :wave:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 01:44:51 »
Thank you for the review Ali Baba :)9! It looks like a great set! Can you tell if the hood & cloak will fit a complete Playmobil white skeleton to make a Grim Reaper custom ????
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 03:52:07 »
A very odd special, which will probably be passed off as a Halloween costume in the US, but I like it too, and can't wait to get a few.

I like it, but I'd like it even better without the red underpants and boots.

If I designed this, I'd have kept the belt a simple matt black standard swordbelt, or left it and the sword out altogether, and reused the body and legs of the 4650 ghost. I love the new scary head (reminds me of Tim Burton's animations), and I think the red eyes would stand out even better if they were the only red in an otherwise black, white and silver figure.

Offline Abbot Hamilton

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Diet of Worms?
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 04:46:33 »
Nice review Ali Baba, i like his face though like Martin i'm not to sure about the boots. I didn't know this one was out yet or existed.

Abbot Hamilton
O brother where for art thou?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 05:14:15 »
Thank you for the great review and pictures Ali Baba!!!

I managed to get this special from a german ebay seller!!! But the skull in my special was plastic...not metallic, not even silver...grey plastic...i like its design though very much! The head is indeed awesome, the coak and hood does fit a skeleton, although the hood is a bit unstable on the skeleton head, but its ok at its shoulders (this ones for Bill!!!), and i would deffinately change the swordbelt as Martin suggested....

But since its my only Hooded phantom i'll keep him like that and wait until playmobil approves of them being sold in the greek market...although i can hear greek mothers screaming about how horrifying this could be for children....then again, i may be wrong...

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 08:38:32 »
I have seen it in Berlin six months ago and i have finally got it three months ago from Vienna together with the Mogolian Horseman(great piece!!).The really strange is that my son (3 years old ) had made a scene in the store because he wanted another one for himself. By the way this klicky is his favorite bad leader!!

I'm looking forward to buy the Mogolian foot Knight and the Spanish Conquistador (green). Great pieces !!

I would love to have a Mogolian attacking force so time in the near future!!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 11:30:46 »

There have been some weird, slightly ghoulish face on klickies in the past, but this one takes the prize for spookiest! :0

Thanks for the review and pics! :)