Author Topic: 4893 - Sinterklaas en Zwarte piet  (Read 8277 times)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
4893 - Sinterklaas en Zwarte piet
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:21:26 »
Hey All,

I am unsure if this is the correct Thread for this but I thought this needed to be out here (If this is the wrong thread please let me know where to go, maybe this is old information then sorry for wasting the bandwith)

The Dutch have a gift giving opportunity in December different from Christmas (we have that too). It's the celebration of St Nicholas' birthday on the 5th of December (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas).

They have decided to make a special set for this (http://www.playmobil.de/on/demandware.store/Sites-NL-Site/nl_NL/Product-Detail?pid=4893&cgid=) and I was wondering if this will be available world wide. I quickly checked what results playmobil.de came up when typing the set number and it couldnt be found where as on.nl it takes you straight to the set.

I haven't gotten my hands on this yet so I can't do an official set review but thought that this existence of this set should be know.

If anyone is interested and can't find a way to buy them online or something let me know and I am sure we'll be able to find a solution once this is on the market.

-Gis

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: 4893 - Sinterklaas en Zwarte piet
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 07:45:50 »

Wow - that is a beautiful set. :love:

I can see that Sinterklaas' hat is going to be very useful for customizers. It's the first time I've seen one shaped like that! 8-)

The longer style of jacket throws up many possibilities too.

Thanks for posting the news and pic! :)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 08:03:26 »
I agree that is one beautiful set! :love: :love: :love:

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 08:14:18 »
I think the german version is this one:
http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4887

I can see that Sinterklaas' hat is going to be very useful for customizers. It's the first time I've seen one shaped like that! 8-)

The longer style of jacket throws up many possibilities too.

Sylvia, you are definitely right about the possibilities of this jacket. But it has been out in at least one set before:
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B002G5U22S

There is a special pirate in this limited edition of the game and this pirate is already wearing santas jacket.
Or santa clause is wearing a pirates jacket?  ??? ::)

Nice set and good to know. I definitely need to get one! :)
Thanks for sharing!  :wave:

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:38:31 »
Wow!!! Great set, and the one posted by socrates!!!Great possibilities for customisation there!!! But the theme is also very nice...i think it will be very popular in greece too...if it becomes available...

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 10:57:14 »
A great set Gis. I look foward to searching ebay in November!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 03:24:32 »
Thank you Gis and socrates, I love both those sets and hope they make it over here!  :(
I really love the Christmas sets.  :lol:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 08:41:00 »
Wow!!! Great set, and the one posted by socrates!!!Great possibilities for customisation there!!! But the theme is also very nice...i think it will be very popular in greece too...if it becomes available...

You need to buy at least one of these Sir Knight to have as an archibishop at your new cathedral !! i want one also , awesome set , have seen it before but forgotten about it.. will check eay laters to get one !!!! 0) 0) 0)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 08:51:01 »
You need to buy at least one of these Sir Knight to have as an archibishop at your new cathedral !! i want one also , awesome set , have seen it before but forgotten about it.. will check eay laters to get one !!!! 0) 0) 0)

Yes i've thought of that Giorginetto!! It will be an excellent addition!!!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 09:14:40 »
Great new set! I may need to have someone acquire this set for me, if it does not become available here in the USA ;)! Thanks for the presentation, Gis!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!