Author Topic: 3283 Alien Prison Pod  (Read 14701 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
3283 Alien Prison Pod
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:41:00 »
Hello all,

Bill encouraged me to get this set so that I could use it in a playmobil Star Trek project!!
I have to say that i had no regard for this space theme whatsoever...It was so alien to me...
But now I have to say that some of the sets do look like the alien environments used in the Original Star Trek series.

Well, here is an overall picture of the set and its box...

The prison pod is actually a holding cell that can close and open like one of them killer flowers .. it actually reminded me of a Poison Ivy flower from Batman...

The mecanism is simple...you see that green leaffy tongue in front and below of the yellow holding cell?? Its other side ends at the back of the cell and slides back and forth opening and closing the cell!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 13:06:01 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 3283 Alien Prison Pod
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:49:47 »
The alien guards are awesome too!!!

They are actually playmobil kids repainted...they actually look like the short scavanger aliens in Star Wars, the ones with the hoods and the glowing eyes...

Playmobil used the cloaks from the dwarf gift sets form them and a similar klicky version can be found in 5741 Golden Sword Guardian.... Although the short guy there does not look like this one here...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 06:55:12 »
Overall, this is really a great set!!! I wander who will will deside to pay a visits next...

Finally, these flowers and grass look so fantastic....trully alien...

Thanks for visiting!!!  :wave: :wave: :wave:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:35:26 »
Great review Wolf Knight :)9

Never really looked at this set before but I don't think it is really my cup of tea - those alien guards look very scary :0

I do like the look of the flowers and grass though, and the way the big flower type pod closes is quite cool 8-)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 07:50:57 »
those alien guards look very scary :0

They do look like haunted playmobil children, don't they???

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 07:53:08 »
They do look like haunted playmobil children, don't they???

You could make all sorts of horror photo stories about possesed children etc ;D

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 11:58:41 »
WELL DONE :)9!, Panos! This set looks invaluable for props in your photo stories :camera:! I'm glad you decided to acquire this set :yup:! The details are stunning! Thank you for the review showing how the flower pod actually works ;D!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 12:49:52 »
WELL DONE :)9!, Panos! This set looks invaluable for props in your photo stories :camera:! I'm glad you decided to acquire this set :yup:! The details are stunning! Thank you for the review showing how the flower pod actually works ;D!

Thank you Bill! And thank you for your encouragement!!! There is a second set on its way actually..
Hope everythink is going well with the move!! :wave: :wave:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 13:09:47 »
Thanks for a great review Panos,  :clap: Junior has this set but I must admit I had never really taken much notice of it, but like Flatcat says the flowers and greenery are great.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 13:15:13 »
Thanks for a great review Panos,  :clap: Junior has this set but I must admit I had never really taken much notice of it, but like Flatcat says the flowers and greenery are great.

Elaine

Thank you Elaine, I am sure that it is a set to have great playtime with it!!!!