Author Topic: 3628 hunting party  (Read 6757 times)

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
3628 hunting party
« on: April 04, 2010, 18:46:57 »
Hi my friends!

Today I would like to review a vintage playmo set: The hunting party 3628. I would dare to say that this is one of the most important sets from the civil mideval series from playmobil and it is unique in terms of items that have just been released in this set. 

The idea for this review came with an ebay bargain, in which I bought the 3628 set almost complete for 2€.  8-)

This helped me even more to enjoy this marvellous set.

First, it comes with three adult and a child with nice medival clothing. Unfortunately, my bargain was not complete in terms of the leader figure of my hunting party was not original. Still, this klicky is the most original in this set. Take a look at it here:
http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30%2000%204640
It comes with imprint on both arms and chest and back.
The others can be seen on my first pictures. I especially like how the kid goes well along the one hunter.
 :D
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
Re: 3628 hunting party
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 18:56:24 »
...unique in this set is the carrying pole for the captured boar together with the rubber bands to fix it on the pole.
The bands are of a softer and flexible material and easily slip over the boars legs and keep it savely on the pole.
There are two small humps on the pole that keep the boar centered on the pole, furthermore it comes with two handles, which can be gripped by klicky hands.

I love, how well the pole fits onto the shoulders of two klickys. I think the pictures say more than thousand words. It just comes beautiful in every display.
...well, I am not sure if playmo got into trouble with animal protection organizations again with this set, but I fell like this gives a great atmosphear of medival hunting.   :bunny:

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 19:00:16 »
yes it is a nice set  from the robbin hood theme from 1994 i woulden't say that is one of the most important medieval playmobil sets good buy though 2$  :o i wonder this nice set wasn't seen by a lot of people, boxed? how was the shipping?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 19:05:57 »
Thanks for the review and pictures, socrates.  I really like this set and am sorry it was released during a time I wasn't buying Playmobil, which was the golden age of the Knights theme, I think.  I doubt I'll ever get this set, but I'm glad you were able to get most of it at a great price. :)
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 19:19:55 »
furthermore the set introduced a falcon that comes with two items, which are just cool: A falcons hood and a glove to hold the bird.  :)

Some of the items though got rereleased. E.g. the falcons hood came again with the new kings castle (http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-24-8330) and one of the hunters cap (http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-24-2730), unfortunately both in blue.

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 19:22:08 »
So, I forgot to mention the three beagles... :)

Okay, I will end this review with a final picture of the whole party.  :wave:

best,
socrates

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 19:24:21 »
Thanks for the great review Socrates :)9
I have often wondered what set the falcon's hood comes from, and I also love the boar with the carrying pole and straps :love:

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 19:25:08 »
yes it is a nice set  from the robbin hood theme from 1994 i woulden't say that is one of the most important medieval playmobil sets good buy though 2$  :o i wonder this nice set wasn't seen by a lot of people, boxed? how was the shipping?

well, I would not say it is the most important set. But only few sets feature that many new parts at once.  :)

Shipping wasn't much and it came with some other but not that spectacular sets...  :P

best,
socrates

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 19:28:28 »
you were lucky  8-) i hope i could buy something cheap from ebay always someone is bidding a lot >:( :-\
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 19:47:06 »
Thanks for the great review, Socrates, and congratulations on a real bargain.

I'd agree with you that it is one of the most important sets because of the unusualness of the subject (mediaeval usually means knights and little else) and the detail of the set, even down to the falcon's hood and the special glove.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”