Author Topic: 3468 TVI Television International on the move  (Read 8713 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
3468 TVI Television International on the move
« on: January 10, 2010, 00:03:55 »
Hello everyone  :wave:

Well I was able to pick up some nice sets this holiday season at decent prices. Here is one more I have been looking for. Ever since I saw Bills "Large Building Fire" I just had to have this unique classic set. It was in a time when Playmobil sure like to give children alternatives to the normal themes. It is one of the only times Playmobil did such a set and I think they should again due to Hollywood's popularity.

It came with the box but unfortunately somebody put non-removable packing tape on it  :(

These boxes from 1980's were just great. Many sides of the box have elaborate scenes made up of so many sets. It really is inspirational to children to get ideas on how to incorporate these sets into a collection.

Some parent dropped his tin-foil hat in this scene mocking the fake moon landing

Here is a great example of how one might use this set along with themes out of different eras
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 3468 TVI Television International on the move
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 00:04:05 »

The set came with only two workers, a female interviewer and I guess a star. It came with much more work than labor so I added the extra klickies. The set I bought was missing a tiny white antenna, has a broken back pack and did not have the stickers all there.

This set is really fun and the kids are enjoying making movies of their toys. My oldest wants to make a movie of Klickies making a movie  8}.

The box is really what I was impressed with. Don't get me wrong, the set is great and I am very happy with it. For some reason the boxes had so much thought and creativity in them and I really like them .  The boxes now seem so simple and plain.

Here is another set I received that has similar dioramas

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 00:16:00 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 02:40:16 »
 :woohoo: hat's a set I wouldn't mind having, so many possibilities.

There was a recent Outside Broadcast set to go with the World Cup Soccer series, but this one is tons better.

I agree the amount of thought and imagination going into the current box pictures wouldn't strain the creative talent of a banana.

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 03:17:54 »
Totally hear you on the detail that used to go into the boxes- I remember the knights 3482 I got as a kid-  loved the scenes on the sides of the box, used to dream that someday I'd be able to make those scenes myself-  if I could only have envisioned my basement at age 35...
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 05:34:20 »
An excellent set for sure, Ras! Thanks for the great review! I have both TVi news vans & they are two of my favorites!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 20:38:45 »
Outstanding set !. I used to have this set when i was a a bambino and also the 3571 set that complemented perfectly. One of the very very few sets that have been lost ( these and most of my old playmospace collection ). Anyways , it was the high tec set back then and i remember i loved these big cameras

Rasputin you are 110% right about the boxes. All the old boxes had great pictures all round them and i can remember the magic and the marketing effect they had on me . Seeing great big sets made me want more and more playmobil. same goes for the catalogues . They had sets of combined themes as your pictures showed us rasputin and not the strictly by theme pictures of today. Playmobil was far more creative in that respect back then .  I rememebr the pictures of a harbor with mediaval klickies and pirtae ships, awesome !!!

A good effort was made in the early / mid 90s with some great posters , with lots of klickies etc etc . One can only think what great imaginative sets PM could createw with all the themes today.... :)

I will try and find and scan some old pictures of old , very old (!) catalogues from sets etc etc if i can ...  :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 12:52:54 »
the 3468 is an amazing set.  :wow:
you have a good eye for these "pearls" ras.  :lens:
the fake moon landing is so extraordinary.  :o
in these days playmobil really knew how to make our mind wonder.
  ::)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 13:00:30 »
I love this set, and especially the cool scenes on the box  :love:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 16:27:28 »
I agree - one of PM's best and about the old box dioramas.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 23:23:58 »
Congratulations on obtaining that TVI set Rasputin, I have been trying to assemble it piecemeal after seeing Bill's use of it in his fire-fighting story also!

Gepetto