Author Topic: 5861 Green Bull Knights  (Read 3974 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
5861 Green Bull Knights
« on: December 14, 2009, 01:03:27 »
This set has been on Playmodb for a while, but there's been no Playmofriends review afaik.

I got this set in Target for $10, which I think is not bad value for the contents. Apologies for the white marks on the box front, it got stuck to something and I had to peel it off!

As you can see there are Steck parts included, I guess because they wanted a bit of ruin to fill out the set, and there are no ruined parts in System X. Not much Steck, but it gives some hope that more Steck may continue to appear occasionally. This is a North America set, and I think a Target exclusive. That makes the Green bull Knights a very limited group at present.

A couple of things I would have changed - the helmets are the fantasy type that I dislike, but worse, the brown hood on the striped figure makes the helmet pop off verey time you pick up the figure. Either a simpler helmet or the leather helmet used for some lighter armored figures, or maybe no-hat hair, would have been better.

The pavise shield doesn't make sense either, as the armored figure does not have a crossbow. Make it a round or kite shield with the Green Bull face as a heraldic symbol and you've got a better shield.

Overall I like the figures, and there's nothing that can't be fixed, and I'll be popping back to Target later to grab the last one off the shelf if it's still there. As a lone Knight with Squire team, these guys make a nice pair.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: 5861 Green Bull Knights
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 01:41:20 »
Welcome to the USA Martin! Thanks for the excellent review of this nice set! It's great to see the Steck building components from set #3899 being reused!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 03:46:47 »
Nice review, Martin; many thanks and all the best in your new home.  :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 05:02:44 »
Hi Martin  :elf:

Not only has this been on the DB for a while it has been at Target almost a year. It really is a great little set and I just happen to pick another one up last night. I really liked the color tones they used for the Klickies. The brown hood with silver helmet could have been a better choice like you mentioned. A good bargain and quite popular as there are rarely any on the shelf in the stores.

Thanks for the review
   Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 17:00:23 »
Great review and nice little set. Shame its not available here , i like the ruins and the green colour in klickies only comment as metnioned before not sure about these helmets. The fantasy theme has well taken over the medieval and things ar ebeginingto look a bit weird if you ask me , that comment expanding to tne new dragons sets all together. perhaps with age come a more conservative expectation !!!  :'( :'( :'(

However i have a feeling people will agree the more  realistic klickies of mediaval background are more appealing and have a better chance to work in various custom set ups..... Now where are the real helmets >>>??
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 18:43:49 »
This is a cool set. I have picked up four of these so far. Since this has steck components, does that mean we can still order steck from pm?  I'm mixing these figs with the green knights.