Author Topic: UK fire hydrant team  (Read 2900 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
UK fire hydrant team
« on: October 08, 2009, 13:22:30 »
Peter's thread on the new Playmobil hydrant and it's predecessors has made me get out some photos of an early custom, a UK hydrant team.  The only non-accurate detail is the large yellow letters on the hydrant cover.  Usually, the word "Hydrant" is just cast into the metal in appropriate size letters, although nowadays there the hydrant covers are sometimes painted bright yellow.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: UK fire hydrant team
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 13:25:48 »
Now here's a modified version of the original with "water" and an alternative design of standpipe which allows two hoses to be supplied from one hydrant.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 13:49:00 »
Excellent designs Gordon  :)9! It looks like PM took a hint from your design & used it in their present theme! I'm especially impressed with your working fire scene  :wow:! The details are first class!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 20:41:58 »
Great custom Gordon!!!

Baden
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 20:48:25 »
Excellent designs Gordon  :)9! It looks like PM took a hint from your design & used it in their present theme! I'm especially impressed with your working fire scene  :wow:! The details are first class!

Thank you, Bill, and I hope to post some more of my older fire scene photos - you'll find one here:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=1854.0

and a partial set here:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3379.0

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 20:59:05 »
Great custom Gordon!!!

Baden

Thank you, Baden.   :wave:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 21:12:26 »
I guess the saying "ahead of the curve" would apply . Your design looks just like you pictures of the real thing . Maybe Geobra is spying in your window's right now, looking for the next thing to make  :lens:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 21:46:29 »
I guess the saying "ahead of the curve" would apply . Your design looks just like you pictures of the real thing . Maybe Geobra is spying in your window's right now, looking for the next thing to make  :lens:

A nice thought, Ras, but the Playmobil standpipe is a very good copy of the German design of standpipe.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 03:03:09 »
I remember how impressed I was when I first saw those photo stories Gordon and looking at them now with more experienced eyes  ::) I have to say they still hold up very well, good job.

Gepetto

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 06:28:08 »
Great custom looks good 
the English fire brigade us the same standpipe as  the dutch
Gordon thanks fir posting the pic's

groet Peter
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time