Author Topic: 4924 pirate egg 2009  (Read 3071 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
4924 pirate egg 2009
« on: May 08, 2009, 18:23:26 »
nothing really exciting here...  ::)
it is the 2009 pirate egg, available in the u.s. and in some of the european markets.
it comes from this "new" black and red design trend that seems to "infect" all of playmobil's new piratical sets.  :'(
there is nothing wrong with him though.  ;)
the quality is very good, including the painted surfaces.  :yup:
the only small problem is that - being a peg-leg - he can't keep his balance very easily.  :hmm:
the flag pole has to help and the parrot can't stand very high - otherwise he will fall forwards.
  :yup:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: 4924 pirate egg 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 19:03:18 »
I am glad that I am not the only one who noticed his balance issue.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 19:09:42 »
I got two of these while in France, and still have one unpoened. I wasn't that impressed with him, he's got the Roman arms that have infected the pirates and knights.  His hat seemed somehow disappointing, maybe a bit of printing (but not a skull and crossbones, pleeeeese) would have broken up that big front area.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 16:34:21 »
ah! ... so ugly!

I've got to be getting old! :-[

I got two of these while in France, and still have one unpoened. I wasn't that impressed with him, he's got the Roman arms that have infected the pirates and knights.  His hat seemed somehow disappointing, maybe a bit of printing (but not a skull and crossbones, pleeeeese) would have broken up that big front area.

I make your words mine, Martin! :o :

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'SE, no skull or crossbones, if ever a playmobil "watcher" :hmm: (spies are welcome! ::) ) is reading this!
Gus
:blackhair: