Author Topic: 4079 ADAC recovery truck  (Read 9250 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
4079 ADAC recovery truck
« on: May 03, 2009, 20:25:56 »
I'm limiting my Playmobil purchases currently, indeed I'm trying to slim down my collection.  But I recently noticed that the Vedes ADAC theme sets were coming up on eBay at good Buy it Now prices and took the plunge on a 4079 recovery truck which came in at £35, including insured postage to the UK.

As I wasn't able to set up my usual background for the photography the approach is slightly different with some of the photos in a story line setting.  But first, the box, front and rear and then three detail pictures (one of these is in the next post).
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4079 ADAC recovery truck
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 20:28:20 »
The last of the box detail shots, and then onto the truck driver with him against the truck for scale and then front and rear detail shots.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 20:32:18 »
Now the truck itself with front, side and rear views.  One shortcoming of the set is the large metal box which doesn't fit neatly any where.  It is too deep front to back to fit in any of the spaces across the truck as well as being too in the way when a car is on board.  Moreover, as there is adequate storage space for the accessories, there is no real need for the box at all.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 20:38:33 »
Some detail from the truck now.  The winch is a new design with two System-X studs on the base to hold it in place.  It has a small handle on then side which when turned reels in the winch cable and, when it is pushed in locks the winch.  The handle can be locked at any point.

The cab interior follows the standard layout for this type of truck with a detailed dashboard,  a fire extinguisher and a slot for a mobile 'phone.  A red mobile 'phone comes with the set.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 20:52:43 by playmofire »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 20:45:48 »
With the set comes a grey Smart car, although without a driver (which is a bit of a let down on the detail side, but spare klickies are no problem).

The Smart looks better in real life than in photos or on the box and is a neat little piece of design and production.  It looks especially good in the grey finish in this set compared with the light green version and the red fire brigade version.

I'm ending here for today but will post more photos of the accessories with the set and the truck in action later.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 20:48:08 »
Thanks for the excellent review of this set Gordon! We aren't able to buy this set from sources in this country, sad but true! If it was available here, I'd definitely have one of these!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 20:56:06 »
Thanks for the excellent review of this set Gordon! We aren't able to buy this set from sources in this country, sad but true! If it was available here, I'd definitely have one of these!

Thanks, Bill.  I'll try and finish it tomorrow, although as we're out walking from 11 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon it may be Tuesday before I can.

There are eBay sellers in Germany who will ship worldwide, but it may be costly, certainly by air.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 00:56:15 »
Wow that truck looks awesome.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 01:24:24 »
Thank you for the review and pictures Gordon, it would seem a must have for any fleet!

I do have a couple of questions though, what does ADAC stand for and does the truck (we used to call them retrievers) body just tilt or does it tilt and extend down?

Gepetto

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 06:37:51 »
Thank you for the review and pictures Gordon, it would seem a must have for any fleet!

I do have a couple of questions though, what does ADAC stand for and does the truck (we used to call them retrievers) body just tilt or does it tilt and extend down?

Gepetto

The ADAC is the German equivalent of the AA (Automobile Association) or RAC in the UK and the AAA in the USA - a road rescue organisation. 

The letters stand for Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil Club (Allgemein = common; Deutscher = German; Automobil = automobile/automotive; Club = club).

The answer to your other question will be shown later today.   :)