Author Topic: Wedding Sets 4298, 4299, and 4309  (Read 6175 times)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Wedding Sets 4298, 4299, and 4309
« on: May 01, 2009, 13:36:17 »
As time and finances allow I am working on collecting all of the wedding sets.  So far I've picked up the Bride and Groom, The Photographer set, and the piano player.

Here are my thoughts on them:

I am really glad that I decided to start this theme (even if it was started to use as props for a Bridal shower) because they add a new little element to my collection. 

The Bride and Groom with Wedding Cake:

I like the cake (it's pretty neat) and I love the train to the bride's gown as it is a stitched fabric.  I don't care much for her dress though, and I'm not a big fan of her "tiara"

The Photographer Set: The set that I am mostly disappointed with. 

Love the little kids in this set.  The new hair style for the little girl is nice.  The bow in her hair looks awkward though. The Ring Bearer is cute, the pillow to the set is disappointing because he cannot hold the pillow flat.  The flower girl can't hold the basket very well (unless she holds it from the side) and the basket only holds 2 flower petals.  I think the photographer is too casually dressed (as was stated by someone on another board it looks like he should be on safari).

The Piano Player:  I love this set.

I missed out on the piano for the dollhouse, so this was a must have in my collection.  The keyboard is divided in half so that it can play 2 songs (on the right it plays "The Wedding March" from a Midsummer Night's Dream, and the left plays "The Bridal Chorus" from Lohengrin otherwise known as "Here Comes The Bride")  This is a really wonderful set with some classic accessories to set it off a little bit.   I love the fact that you can close the keyboard cover. 
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: Wedding Sets 4298, 4299, and 4309
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 13:38:41 »
Here are just a few additional pictures of the various sets...

The piano closed

The Bride's train

And then the different figures from the sets:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 14:55:39 »
Thank you for the reports leefert, I too missed out on the upright piano and have been waiting for this one to arrive (wish it came in black) and I love the musician figure. I agree with your comments on the photogher and I will stay away from that one.

How did I get interested in the wedding theme!?! ??? I am doomed, doomed I say! 8}

Gepetto

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 15:36:46 »
I've actually considered painting mine black.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 15:59:30 »
Excellent review leefert! I'm trying to get my wife interested in this theme to calm her down towards my obsession  :lol:, but it may start cutting in to my collecting budget  :P, & that could cause a problem  :hmm:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 20:12:38 »
Thanks for the review, leefert.  Don't  be too hard on the photographer - I think photographers dress rather more informally for weddings in Germany than maybe they do in America.  You can always replace the photographer figure with a more suitably dressed one.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 05:47:55 »

How did I get interested in the wedding theme!?! ??? I am doomed, doomed I say! 8}

:lol:  I suspect you've been doomed for a long time.   ;D

Lee, I don't collect the wedding theme (I was a wedding photographer for a short time.  Hated it.), so I am curious, are there bridesmaids (in horrible dresses, of course) and groomsmen available?
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 12:41:50 »

Thank you for an excellent review, Lee ...  :clap:

The photo of the groom's white cuffs could make one wonder if he's been in a bit of a scuffle ... and, with whom ...  :lol:

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 14:00:10 »
lee
thanks for the wonderful review, these sets are definitely on my wish list.  i think it is great that the piano plays two separate pieces, and that it is so reasonably priced especially considering the asking prices for the upright pianos on ebay.  i actually have two of them, (one came quite by surprise in an oddlot from craigslist), and it is one of my favorite pieces for my victorian house.  the mechanics of it are also amazing, as i had to take it apart to clean it after a visitor with dirty fingers got cookie crumbs stuck in the keyboard.  i too wish the new piano were black, those of you who plan to paint it black, what do you recommend for paint?  i have some experience in hobby painting, so i am familiar with spray techniques, although saving the playmobil words will be a tedious challenge, but i was wondering what recommendations you have for actual brands.  thank you...kaethe

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 15:35:36 »

The photo of the groom's white cuffs could make one wonder if he's been in a bit of a scuffle ... and, with whom ...  :lol:

Haha!  I hadn't even noticed that the one cuff of the piano player was on wrong.  He must have really been into the music :)