Author Topic: 5850 Golden Knight versus Dark Angry Lord  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
5850 Golden Knight versus Dark Angry Lord
« on: January 17, 2009, 03:54:18 »
Well here are some shots of the new knights from our beloved Target . These two will make a great way to add to the dark army and the golden knight has lots of interesting possibilities . These were never real Specials and I do not even think were in any sets so may just be totally new .

Front pic

Back pic

Here is the golden boy . lots of classic clip-ons , sorry for the image- dark, no flash , shutter speed slow, shaky hand = crap 

Here is just how much gold you get with him . Lots of accessories

Similar to the Romans, you can see how the plastic did not flow well leaving ugly lines. I have a feeling this is going to be common

Here we have the dark knight . I really like these i just have a hard time figuring which army to place them with

Again lots of accessories and i have not seen or have the armor that does not go past the wrists , so a first for me

And here we have the Knights at their day jobs First attempt at speech bubbles

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: 5850 Golden Knight versus Dark Angry Lord
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 09:26:05 »
I wouldn't say they were totally new.
Both are slight adaptations of already released sets. Although both used to have mounts then  ;).

But whatever - they are both great; but I prefer the black knight. He's awesome ... even with the new helmet.

BTW - what's the difference between a helmet and a helm ???  ???

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 17:39:44 »
I wouldn't say they were totally new.
Both are slight adaptations of already released sets. Although both used to have mounts then  ;).

But whatever - they are both great; but I prefer the black knight. He's awesome ... even with the new helmet.

I hadn't noticed the new helmet ... He looks good, indeed! :)

I like the golden knight. Useful simple parts, specially the torso. I'd like they made a silver one. Exactly like that.

BTW - what's the difference between a helmet and a helm ???  ???

Bogro

Helmet is used for modern apparati too. Policemen, firemen use helmets. The word "helm" looks to me a bit archaic, and "poetic". I'd say there's no difference between a medieval/ancient helmet and a helm, but there's no modern helm, unless you make a poem, talking about a policeman as a knight ...

I'm a(n apprentice) philologist, but not a native speaker, though ... Maybe there's something else I don't know.

This is what I can give you for the moment.

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 17:45:52 »

And here we have the Knights at their day jobs First attempt at speech bubbles

Excelent review, thanks.

And, Raz ... this speech does make me remember the spirit of my first Elmo & Fletcher episodes ... :lol:

The hard thing of making stories is to develop them as we'd like ... If I had more playmo, I think I'd make different things for their stories. In a way, this is a reason why it's a bit stopped, however I do have a new story to be published ... (I think this weekend, FINALLY!, I'll manage to put the pics in photobucket ...)

Gus
Gus