Author Topic: 4675 Fireman Special  (Read 6518 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
4675 Fireman Special
« on: October 14, 2008, 18:42:15 »
At long last, they were due out in July, the latest Specials have arrived in the shops, so here's a review of the fireman Special.

The blue uniform colour is a new one for the UK and is the same as the THW uniform colour (see here: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2610.0).  Like them, it has white and yellow reflective striping printed on, but the detailing is not as extensive.  He comes with a yellow helmet and visor and is well equipped with an axe, a torch and a search line (although this is rather poorly represented by a lassoo or lariat from the Western series.)  In a new departure for the rescue theme, he has a cross strap to store the search line and the torch.  This follows the same system as that described in other reviews, e.g. Martion's Carry Case knight review.  Practically, however, in the real world this would be a "No! No!" as the last thing you want when crawling on your stomach through a smoke filled building is a large torch sticking into your chest and stomach.  However, toymaker's licence must be allowed.  The search line needs careful fitting to stay in place in its holder.

The figure comes with white hands representing gloves and attachable cuffs to represent the gauntlets of large work gloves.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4675 Fireman Special
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 18:49:28 »
Here are some photos of the uniform without the cross strap in place.  The mark on the body in the first photo is from the cross strap rubbing on the figure and easily rubbed off with a cloth.

Some time ago I made up my own search line using the small cylindrical hand hold which comes with the pirate sets for such items as the grappling line.  Initially, I just slotted a number onto a length of Playmobil string, knotting it at each end so that they stayed on it, and then strung it out leading from outside the burning building into the interior.  I then made a version a firefighter could carry by carefully drilling out the centre of one of the hand holds and threading a length of string through it a number of times to form a series of loops.  This fits into the attachment hook on the cross strap (rather more securely than Playmobil's own version) and looks quite neat held in the hand, too.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 23:50:43 »
Thank you for the review Playmofire, I especially liked your version of the rescue line. Did you use braided string or twisted? It kind of looks like a shoelace but that might be too thick. Thanks for the pictures also.

Gepetto

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 03:44:37 »
Thank you for the review Playmofire, I especially liked your version of the rescue line. Did you use braided string or twisted? It kind of looks like a shoelace but that might be too thick. Thanks for the pictures also.

Gepetto

Hi Gepetto, I used Playmobil string.  I can't remember exactly which now but probably, judging by the thickness, the string used for the grappling iron.  I know by the time I'd finished drilling out the hand hold there wasn't much of it left!

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 07:09:33 »
I know by the time I'd finished drilling out the hand hold there wasn't much of it left!

lol

yeah very dangerous drilling

nicely done
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 07:26:57 »
I'd have preferred those big white gauntlets instead of white cuffs, and flesh coloured hands. More play value.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 07:58:21 »
I'd have preferred those big white gauntlets instead of white cuffs, and flesh coloured hands. More play value.

Can't agree more, Martin.  I hope Playmobil will settle on one pattern for such things, certainly in the rescue theme - flesh coloured hands and detachable gloves/gauntlets in white or yellow and not the style used with the Carry Case firefighter.

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 13:49:05 »
hello Gordon

you better turn the belt around
than the klicky  ware the rope on the back low
and the lamp on the frond hire

groeten Peter
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 17:52:49 »
hello Gordon

you better turn the belt around
than the klicky  ware the rope on the back low
and the lamp on the frond hire

groeten Peter
Thank you for the suggestion, Peter.  I shall try that.

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 18:52:32 »
Touw  voor playmobil
Om goedkoop touwtjes te maken voor mijn brandweer en reddings dienst
Gebruik ik metsel lijn  dit is te koop bij de bouw markt
In diverse kleuren .
Om het touw op een rolletje te houwden en om het in het handje van het mannetje
Te geven gebruik ik kleine stukjes van infusie slang (van een infus systeem medice materiaal)
Je hoeft alleen maar het touw een aantal keer door het stukje slang te rijgen   

Rope for playmobil.
To make chalk lines cheap for my brandweer and rescue service.
 I builds line uses this is buy at construction market In several colours.
For the rope on a cotton reel at houden and for in the hand of the klicky To give
 use I small bits of infusion hose ( infus system medice material)
you must only put the rope a couple time by the hose

Wen you are in the same intrese you bekom the same ideen

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 19:03:46 by noodwachter72 »
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time