Author Topic: 4677-Barbarian Chief  (Read 5358 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
4677-Barbarian Chief
« on: September 02, 2008, 19:41:03 »
Here are a few pix of the Barbarian Chief

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: 4677-Barbarian Chief, Side Views
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 19:44:46 »
Here are a few pix of the Barbarian Chief

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4677-Barbarian Chief
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 19:50:16 »
Hi Gepetto . First thanks for taking and posting the pictures . I was wondering about the length of the coat and now i see it is full length.

I noticed your pictures are at about 45kb . Have you ever considered using an alternative site to host your Pics like Imageshack ? It is free . all you do is upload your pictures to your account . then you can post them as slightly reduced size in higher resolution and not a tiny low resolution thumbnail. If you would like to try i can try to help walk you through the process . It is just you are going through so much of the work already and a few extra steps would make your pics much better .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 20:45:12 »
Hello Rasputin,

Thank you for your comments, I am sure you are right. I will look into the service you suggested and am grateful for your offer of assistance. I really do not like posting sub-par photos. But having said that, here are a few more (ha,ha,already took them)!

There are a couple of points about this figure worth mentioning: 1) as soon as I opened the sack it was evident that the tassle for the spear was not up to snuff in that the moulding lines were so evident and it seemed thick and poorly painted (the color just didn't seem right) the crispness of detail was not there.2) The major point that I hope is evident in these photos are that the headdress is hard plastic and glossy while the cape is soft (feels a little oily, like the wings of the flying knight) and has a matte finish, also the cape wraps slightly around the figure and is not symmetrical. With the wrist bracelets the figure cannot get both arms into the cape on the sides.

Big point, the cape has a part number on it! It is 32381001 and is not currently in Heather's database, so must be new. All in all I need more of these figures.

Gepetto

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 22:18:56 »
Big point, the cape has a part number on it! It is 32381001 and is not currently in Heather's database, so must be new. All in all I need more of these figures.

Sadly, the part numbers molded into parts are just that - mold numbers, and can't be used to order parts.  I expect the same number is molded into the dark grey version, 30 29 4250 - Cloak, fur, full-length, found in 4774 - Mitnehm-Barbarenfeste.  I will, however, make a part entry for the cape as an "unknown number" and assign it the mold number.  The real number will probably turn up eventually, in someone's DS order or another set.  Is there a good photo of it by itself somewhere that I can use?
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 01:23:35 »
Sigh! Thought I had something there, will try to get a decent picture to you on the cape.

Gepetto

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 13:01:48 »
Sigh! Thought I had something there, will try to get a decent picture to you on the cape.
Gepetto

Sniff--capes are worn by superheroes and cheap magicians.

We prefer "mantle", or--alas--"cloak".

-Tim

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 13:11:43 »
Sniff--capes are worn by superheroes and cheap magicians.

We prefer "mantle", or--alas--"cloak".

-Tim

But what about the Cape Buffalo? The large reddish-brown to black wild buffalo (Syncerus Caffer) of sub-Saharan Africa — called also African Buffalo.

Seriously though, it'd be a lot easier if all these garments were labelled cloaks in Playmodb, regardless of how long they are - I've often missed one because I searched for cloak and it was called a cape.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 16:30:53 »
I agree, 'cloak' it is.

Gepetto

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 13:26:09 »
Seriously though, it'd be a lot easier if all these garments were labelled cloaks in Playmodb, regardless of how long they are - I've often missed one because I searched for cloak and it was called a cape.

But then those searching for capes would only find buffalo... oh, wait, there aren't any :)  The garments in question are all in the Wearable/Cloaks category, but the hip-length ones I've labeled "capes" and the longer ones, "cloaks".  Oops, except for the child-size ones.  I'm inclined to keep the word "cape" for the shorter ones - just sounds more correct - and will fix the kids' capes accordingly.  There are no kids' cloaks, as far as I know.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!