Author Topic: 4475 Take along Mini & 5831 Green Knights  (Read 6385 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
4475 Take along Mini & 5831 Green Knights
« on: September 01, 2008, 17:28:33 »
So here we have a review set up by my 5 year old . He earned these sets for adjusting so well to his new school and new grade .

The first set is the 5831 Knights & Cannon .

The new interesting part is the accessory prong on the back of the cape

The new winged knight neck band is utilized in a different color and allows for a better armed Klickie

The other set is the 4775 Take Along Tower

This set also has a cape with prong but in white

Some people were interested in removing the handle. I took it apart to show that it can be removed, cut or kept . I opted to just remove the sticker but my son insisted it needed to stay .

Finally here the sets are together . As you can see the klickes are almost identical . I at least with Playmobil would have given different hair .

I know the pictures are fussy, It is hard to set up, photograph, play, and dress a 5 year old all at the same time  8}
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
Re: 4475 Take along Mini & 5831 Green Knights
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 19:34:25 »
Hi,

thx for this pictures !

I love this Set.  :love: and the new Knights !

But there are no SystemX Button at the mini castle ?? hmmm

world greets

Andi

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 19:40:48 »
Thanks for the review, Ras. It's not my theme but it's useful to see what's happening in other themes, especially in generic developments such as the carrying of equipment.  The Special firefighter due out in July but still not in the shops (one will go on my next DS order) also uses a variation of the hook system for carrying equipment.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:49:32 »
Thanks for the review, I was not aware of that cape in white in the castle set.

I feel like the tower is a waste of plastic if it cannot be connected to anything.  :hmm:

I second your comment that the figures should differ and go better along the whole series.
Well, I guess, you will have some spare hairs...  ;)  :yup:

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:20:40 »
Thanks for the review Rasputin, the best set of pictures yet, even if they are fuzzy.

Now I see the make up of the tower, or should I say half-tower, and the enormous stupid handle, I'm not at all keen to have one. There's just too much about it that makes it not useful to me. The fantasy cannon is another piece that I just can't see myself using.

Looking at the green knight with scale armour, I'm wondering if his top half could be combined with the green gladiator's legs to make a Roman in green scale. It's a question of whether the greens match.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 15:24:10 »
Playmobil could have thought this out a bit more . If the design team just scaled it to fit the System X castles and put a few holes for the connectors we all would have had the round castle parts we wanted, or connect two together . The way they chose to do it is to makes a independent half tower . It was a big hit with one of my sons who loves containers that are his size but the older son just discarded the tower, took the guys straight to a stecks fortress and had the guys alley with the red dragon knights . They are now his elite forest squad .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Kelly

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 15:30:19 »
I bought the 5831 because I wanted the knights, and except for Sir Underwear's outfit, I am happy with it.  I didn't buy the tower set, however because the klickies were so similar.  Playmobil would have gotten my money regardless of the unwanted castle had they included a different set of people in this set.

I think that these new knights mix very well with the new fairy line - we use them as the protectors of fairyworld.  Playmobil would sell TONS of those fairies at mass-market retailers in the US.  It has always bothered me that they almost never market the "girly" lines at Target . . .

Kelly

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 15:40:39 »
I think that these new knights mix very well with the new fairy line - we use them as the protectors of fairyworld. Kelly

Thats interesting . My wife just opened her Easter egg ( 4919B pink egg w/ fairy & animals ) and when i saw her the first thing i thought is " loose the wings and there is the Green Knights Queen "

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 17:27:52 »
Very nice pics I could very well see them without my glasses so think is ok  ;)

Many thanks for the revieuw

As usual , am very happy with what I see  ;D

Lot of new parts , good

Lot of new custompossibilities ,good

Lot of fun coming , good

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Jahme88

• Klicky Hick
  • Playmo Enthusiast
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 19:59:49 »
Thank you very much for the review and the pic of both sets together.  I have been wondering if their were any differences between them.  Identical figures automatically become customizable with me...so I will get both sets when I come upon them.

Playmobil would sell TONS of those fairies at mass-market retailers in the US.  It has always bothered me that they almost never market the "girly" lines at Target . . .

Kelly

I completely agree.  My daughter loves Playmobil, especially the "girly" stuff.  I wonder....it seems they never know where to place the Playmobil at Target, which aisle should it belong in?  It's usually on the same aisle with Lego's and KNex and such....but in years past they have placed it, incorrectly in my opinion, in the Preschool toys next to the Fisher Price and the like.  This year at my Target it is in the aisle with the Babydolls??? 

I think if they had more "girly" items in the Target line it would completely confuse the store managers about where to stock the stuff.  8} :lol:
------------
Jamie Jo

"Peace, Love and Little Plastic People"