Author Topic: 4237 Dog Circus Act  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
4237 Dog Circus Act
« on: August 31, 2008, 02:10:45 »
I like the dog circus act because it comes with so many dogs--the white German shepherds and the Newfoundland may even have been introduced with this set.  The woman figure looks good, and her costume doesn't look as garish as the other circus costumes, so she could fit in with other themes.

The US $12.99 price tag (Toys R Us and Playmobil website; $16.99 at the independent toy stores around here) is reasonably priced (my calculation: 1 figure x $3 + 3 big dogs x $2 = $9). 

You can't tell it from the box, but all the dog costumes (coats and neckerchiefs) can be removed, leaving you with regular, white dogs.

A bigger plus with the set is its play possibilities.  Apart from three pictures on the box, the set leaves the tricks up to you.  There are a lot of accessories and I bet a child with a better imagination than me could dream up more possibilities than what I crafted for the photostory below.  The little dog chariot is fun to drag around. 

2 complaints:

1) The newfoundland dog opens his mouth, but just wide enough to pack the soft-rubber handle of the dog chariot into.  His mouth doesn't open far enough to grip the baby stroller (pram) or an item that a figure could grip (I tried to get his jaw around the baby stroller handle and quit after I worried I'd snap the jaw off).

2) My set was somewhat dirty.  The white dogs make it more obvious, but the woman's face also had some grime.  I guess PM shouldn't be responsible for washing stuff, but it seems I'm finding factory-fresh items with more grime than before (and don't ask about the stuff that comes from DS--boil it or soak it in acid or take a chisel and flamethrower).

I like the set a lot, it comes with a lot for the price (being one of the lowest priced sets of the circus theme), and the dogs are really good additions to my animal collection.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Re: 4237 Dog Circus Act
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 02:12:34 »

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 02:12:51 »

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 02:13:09 »

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:13:25 »

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 02:13:41 »

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 02:14:16 »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 06:47:25 »
Great review, Tim, :lol: both in photos and names!  :lol:

I've only found older stuff from UK DS grubby, and then a wash in warm soapy water has worked fine.  By older, I'm thinking of parts for items discontinued for two or more years.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 07:21:54 »
Nice review Tim!  The trainer's dress reminds me of women's evening dresses in the 1970s, something that might be worn for Abigail's party.

It is odd that they didn't make the newfoundland's mouth the right size to grip other things. Having designed the "One Size fits all" handsize, you'd think they'd stick to it. Presumably this also means the cart handle can't be held by a human klicky?

Not a lot in this set I'd want, though I might DS a couple of the dogs.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 19:48:20 »

When I post my stories I try to reach some punch line or gag at the end, usually within ten or a dozen photos, that ends that particular tale, though many people seem to miss this joke, maybe because of language difficulties. Tim's stories usually starts out strange, rapidly progress off-the-wall, before going completely bat-[censored]-crazy.

I love the story, Tim! :lol:

I'ts the best way of making a review, no doubt! ... I'll try to do so, in the future! Whenever I get something actually new ... Not yet.--

Martin's comment on your style is appliable ... You have a style of your own, and I love to see Sir Turk in the middle of City Life Circus 8} :P

It is odd that they didn't make the newfoundland's mouth the right size to grip other things. Having designed the "One Size fits all" handsize, you'd think they'd stick to it. Presumably this also means the cart handle can't be held by a human klicky?

Which cart? ... That baby cart has been seen before: it's a toy for klicky children dolls, and klicky common girls can hold it ... I've never seen that little biga-like cart, though ...

It's very odd that the dog can't open its mouth to the right size to fit, but I remember that lions didn't use to fit very well, they would not klick exactly, but slip away, when to bite things. (Maybe it'll be more expected by dogs, all right ...) Then again, there are some dogs that can bite the klicky size, that had bones in their mouths, don't know which set.

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair: