Author Topic: DINOS ON LOCATION  (Read 33206 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
DINOS ON LOCATION
« on: July 28, 2008, 18:26:40 »
Hello, Playmofriends ...  :wave:

Some of you may have already seen the Playmobil Brachiosaurus and Local Iguana Photos in the Birthday Greetings section of Playmofriends.

And, certainly everyone saw Andi's Great Brachiosaurus Review in this "Report and Review" section of Playmofriends. (Andi also did a review of the Volcano, as well as several others about the Playmobil Dinosaur theme.)

Gus has suggested, that since I received the entire dino theme for my birthday, that I post an "on location" dino review from the "Jungles of the Virgin Islands".

If there are enough members (more than five) who would like to see an "on location" review started here from the "Jungles of the Virgin Islands", then please post a reply this week, as I'm leaving the Islands at the end of August and will be traveling for a couple of months.

All the best,
Richard

see attachment

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
Re: DINOS ON LOCATION
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 20:12:19 »
Hello Richard :wave:

I would very much like to see an on location review from the Virgin Islands. I really enjoyed the pictures of the Brachiosaurus and "the locals" :yup:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 20:48:12 »

Hello Richard :wave:

I would very much like to see an on location review from the Virgin Islands. I really enjoyed the pictures of the Brachiosaurus and "the locals" :yup:

Thank you, Lars ...

Wonder if there are more than four other members who would also like to see an "on location" review of the Playmobil Dinosaur theme from the Jungles of the Virgin Islands? ...  :klickywink:

All the best,
Richard

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 20:55:07 »
If there are enough members (more than five) who would like to see an "on location" review started here from the "Jungles of the Virgin Islands", then please post a reply this week, as I'm leaving the Islands at the end of August and will be traveling for a couple of months.

You seriously thinking, you can get away with it?  ;)
I would definitely be very interested in an "on location" review... It pulled me from my chair to see all these Iguana... Obviously, I have no idea about the fauna of Virgin Island...  :-[

It is a nice demonstration, btw, of why they called the first dinosaurs found "Iguanodons". Obviously, just looking at the bones, they look quite like brothers...

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 21:12:12 »

Hello, Socrates ...  :wave:

You seriously thinking, you can get away with it?  ;)

Hmmm ... so you think that there might actually be more than three other Playmofriends who would like to see an "on location" review of the Playmobil Dinosar theme from the Jungles of the Virgin Islands? ...  :klickygrin:

I would definitely be very interested in an "on location" review... It pulled me from my chair to see all these Iguana... Obviously, I have no idea about the fauna of Virgin Islands ...  :-[

Hopefully, there will be enough interest from the other members, so that everyone can see more of our tropical island.

It is a nice demonstration, btw, of why they called the first dinosaurs found "Iguanodons". Obviously, just looking at the bones, they look quite like brothers...

I had forgotten about the "Iguanodons" ...  :-[

The iguanas certainly seemed very interested in their Brachiosaurus "sister" ...  :klickywink:

Thanks for your reply, Socrates!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 23:08:23 »
Hi Richard, :wave:
I would be mucho interested in the dino review!
Besides, I don't see much jungle here...to much sand in the way. :lol:

High 'n' dry,
Jimbo

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 23:10:30 »
Just do it, Richard.

Being retired must keep you on a pretty hectic schedule.   ;)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 23:58:42 »
and of course the magic number five would be me  ;D

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 02:48:36 »

Besides, I don't see much jungle here...to much sand in the way. :lol:

That was a very clever play on, "not being able to see the forest for the trees," Jim ...  :klickygrin:

Being retired must keep you on a pretty hectic schedule.   ;)

Altough you probably said that with a touch of sarcastic jest, Timmy ... It's actually quite true ...  :klickywink:

and of course the magic number five would be me  ;D

And, of course you are indeed magic, Tim! ...  :wow:

However,  the number needed is "more than five." ... :klickywink:

I appreciate your interest, gentlemen ... But, will we have another interested member of Playmofriends who would like to see an "on location" review started here from the "Jungles of the Virgin Islands" ... ???

(When I'm out in the "steaming jungle" with my bag of Playmobil dinos and my digital camera, I'm probably going to wish that I had said, "more than ten.") ...  8}

All the best my friends,
Richard

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 04:50:50 »
Well for once I am not too late to get in on the action. Richard if you would be so kind as to do the reviews (before we become extinct) it would be much appreciated!

Is a concentration of iguanas like the ones in your photo that common?

Gepetto