Author Topic: NEW ASIAN LEGS  (Read 13118 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
NEW ASIAN LEGS
« on: May 24, 2008, 20:20:15 »

These two photos were posted at GW-PC by Cheng.

He said that they were "new Asian legs" ... ???

Does anyone know where they came from?

Is this possibly a sneak preview of the new Asian theme?

see attachments

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: NEW ASIAN LEGS
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 07:04:02 »
Is it possible this is something Cheng customised, using regular red trousers with white shoes and adding the black paint?

I can't see why he'd post legs only and not the rest of the figure.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 08:57:23 »
Is it possible this is something Cheng customised, using regular red trousers with white shoes and adding the black paint?

I can't see why he'd post legs only and not the rest of the figure.

I'd be surprised if paint were involved as cheng always works on having a custom which can be restored to the original state and so doesn't paint.  Also, I believe it would run against his personal ethics to deceive anyone in this way.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 09:04:03 »
I didn't know about Cheng's "revert" policy, but I wasn't suggesting he was trying to decieve anyone. It just seems odd to post legs without the rest of the figure, if it's part of a new figure.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 09:07:53 »
I didn't know about Cheng's "revert" policy, but I wasn't suggesting he was trying to decieve anyone. It just seems odd to post legs without the rest of the figure, if it's part of a new figure.

I wasn't suggesting you were, Martin as I know that's not like you.  I had some difficulty trying to put in words what I wanted to say, knowing cheng well through the internet and trades, and the end result wasn't as well put as it meant have been on another day.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 14:05:26 »

Hello, Martin and Gordon ...

Would you two guys just give each other a big hug  :love: and then please help me figure out where the heck these Asian legs came from?

You seem to know Cheng quite well, Gordon. However, I think that he may be thoroughly enjoying having something that he knows will drive us all crazy until we find out where it came from ...  8}

All the best,
Richard

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 01:32:25 »
Hello, Richard!

Of course it didn't come from any known Asian sets (3 sets in Special, 1 in Pirates, 2 in Modern Life ...), even so I went to check it up, and this is it all right:

Mandarin figure
Ninja
Karate practitioner
Pirate crew (Chinese pirate: barefeet)
Airport Bus-stop
and Asian family attached below ... Forget the attachment; sometimes it simply doesn't go; anyway, the shoes of all Modern Life Asian figures are "normal" Western shoes. There's picture of this set (7982) easily available at Playmobil UK.

I can't figure out any red legs with white shoes ... It isn't in the Circus sets in Collectobil, but there's a number of things we don't find in Collectobil ... Maybe in PlaymoDB you will find something? (I'm not very familiarized with the use of the db, but it's huge, I figured out :) )

I have to admit that it passed through my mind the thought that it was painted, but then I was puzzled too about how such a thing would deceive Cheng, and I have no answer to it, unless asking him where he got the legs :hmm: ...

Until then, mystery remains!

G.
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 03:08:15 »

Hello, Gus ...

I'm hoping that Cheng will solve this mystery very soon.
Hopefully, before it drives some of us even more nuts than we already are ...   8}

All the best,
Richard

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 23:48:54 »

He said that they were "new Asian legs" ... ???

The burden of proof is on Cheng!  That joker!

But, seriously, when I read the caption "new Asian legs", images of Gong Li came to mind, and I guess I got what I deserved.    ??? ??? ???

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 23:59:42 »

The burden of proof is on Cheng!  That joker!

But, seriously, when I read the caption "new Asian legs", images of Gong Li came to mind, and I guess I got what I deserved.
    ??? ??? ???

For those of you who don't know who Gong Li is ... Click HERE ...  :klickywink: