Author Topic: 4138 compact set - construction site - ENJOY the Bricks !!  (Read 5090 times)

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
4138 compact set - construction site - ENJOY the Bricks !!
« on: January 17, 2008, 14:45:34 »
Hi PlaymoFriends,

here are the review from the 4138 compact set - construction site.

The first thing i saw was the new Boxstyle with a handhold.

ENJOY the pics....

world greets

Andi

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
Re: 4138 compact set - construction site - ENJOY the Bricks !!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 14:52:34 »
and more.........

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 14:57:34 »
Ok and here the Playmo-Brick review.

There are 10 Bricks inside !

I think this was a just for fun Brick without any idea to build a complete building. ?!
What do you think ?

But if you have enought Bricks you can build a.........Wall, House and so on.

We will see if Playmobil want to build more from this Bricks ???!!

Enjoy the pics.

world greets

Andi

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 17:51:02 »
Thanks for the review, Customizer  :D

Good to know, that the set is out now (I've been looking for it last week). So I assume the new microsets should be available too ...

I'm wondering too, if Playmobil is going into the LEGO/Bricks direction providing some further bricks to actually build something "from scratch". We will see. Maybe it's flying a kite to see how many bricks will be ordered looking if there is a demand from the Playmobil community for that.

I'm also a little bit astonished how restrictive the ground piece is: the planks can just be used on their restricted location (fitting into the ground) and the hole for the shovel has been put somewhere arbitrary on the sand pile (similiar concept with the pitchfork and the bale of hay has been designed more sophisticated in my eyes).

Anyway, a musthave set for me ;D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 18:53:09 »
Thank you for the very detailed review, Andi.  Like Little Jo I was surprised that the planks had a set place, although I think the slot for the shovel is fine as people do tend just to stick a shovel anywhere in a pile of sand, although maybe a steeper angle would have been more realistic.

I see it for my purposes as a great "detail" set just to fill in a corner in a scene without being essential to the scene itself.  Like the other new construction sets involving roadworks it's on my list, but that, of course, is my 2009 list.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 23:42:00 »

Hello, Andi ...

Thank you for being so thorough with your review of the "bricks/blocks" in this construction set!

Since there are no half blocks, it is impossible to make doorways and windows. Unfortunately, this does not appear to be the beginning of a real "construction system" from Playmobil ... :(

Maybe, someday, Playmobil will produce a construction system for our Klickys that will really compete with Lego.

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 00:07:43 »
But looking at the brick, it would be fairly easy for Playmobil to produce a half brick, so maybe DS will offer bags of bricks and half bricks, or maybe a mixture.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 02:34:36 »

But looking at the brick, it would be fairly easy for Playmobil to produce a half brick, so maybe DS will offer bags of bricks and half bricks, or maybe a mixture.

We all love you, Gordon ...

You are indeed our resident optimist!

Let's all hope that you're correct and that Playmobil DS offers bags of bricks and half bricks.

I haven't measured the existing Playmobil window and door frames. Are they compatible with the 1.5cm x 3cm standard set by the new Playmobil bricks?

All the best,
Richard

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 08:30:44 »
.... Since there are no half blocks, it is impossible to make doorways and windows. ...

There's allways the "saw" method  ;D

But seriously; I do like these compact sets, even though they're all for the wrong themes for me. They seem to offer a very good value for money.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.