Author Topic: Example of a DS spares order  (Read 121605 times)

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
Re: Example of a DS spares order
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2008, 23:04:18 »
well, i didnt know up to few days ago hatg u can actually order form playmobil direct.. seen it only on the german website so far.. ony after i read through this forum i tried uk.. and i hope i will get my 1000 rifles and flashlights for a fair price.. :P

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2008, 13:27:44 »
so, got an invoice per mail today.. 86 quid.. thats a lot.. but its incudes 30 klickies which i cant find anywhere else.. a little bit crappy that the chainsaws and the swat police figures are not avaiable..

anyone got experience with delievery times? they told me 2-3 weeks.. but thats a bit slow i think..

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2008, 13:41:22 »

anyone got experience with delievery times? they told me 2-3 weeks.. but thats a bit slow i think..

What they told you is about right for this time of the year.  It can be longer nearer Christmas.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2008, 13:57:23 »
They appear to process these DS orders in batches, and then send them over from Germany to the UK office, where they send out the boxes to individuals.

I once got two orders, made a month apart, at the same time, because I'd just missed a batch with my first order.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2008, 19:14:58 »
so guys , today i got my first order.. need try to scan the invoice because klickies are up in price.. between 1.65 and 1.80! and i was surprised when i read all the topics again here, because my first invoice was around 86 quid and the other stuff i ordert today is 125! lol

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2008, 20:29:21 »

klickies are up in price..

Just like everything else. :'(

You'll notice that prices for figures vary quite considerably depending on how much extra bits are attached to them. A simple printed figure is much cheaper to order than one wearing a vest, epaulettes, or other similar accessories.

I was quite shocked at the cost of ordering Playmobil baby figures when I last ordered (several months ago). You'd expect something small like that to be relatively cheap but I think they were around £1.50 each. :o

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2008, 20:51:02 »
yeah, i find it quite funny, because i buy them usually from malta 40pence each! and here i pay 4x of that .. quite funny!!!! but i think i bought too much figures which i never need..

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2008, 21:08:07 »
Just like everything else. :'(

You'll notice that prices for figures vary quite considerably depending on how much extra bits are attached to them. A simple printed figure is much cheaper to order than one wearing a vest, epaulettes, or other similar accessories.

I was quite shocked at the cost of ordering Playmobil baby figures when I last ordered (several months ago). You'd expect something small like that to be relatively cheap but I think they were around £1.50 each. :o

The overheads rate higher in a smaller figure, as do some variable costs.  For example, the adult figure may, say, be four times the size of the baby, but it doesn't use four times the plastic. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2008, 07:22:26 »
Prices can vary wildly for no obvious reason, Mike, so be careful not to over-order - I assume on a student's budget you don't have as much disposable income as some of us.

I ordered 10 tan and 10 brown satchels, and one came at 13p a unit (reasonable) and the other at 65p a unit (5x the cost). I even rang to query this after someone pointed out the wild variance, and they told me that's just the way it is.

I wanted lighter-coloured satchels to put on Union soldiers and darker ones for Confederates, but now if I need more I'm going for the cheaper option.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2008, 07:48:33 »
well, they told me the prices on the phone.. i was surprised a handgun costs only 7p and a clip 10p! lol

this time it was my faul;t as i ordert 150 rifles   150 clips and 186 flashlights to complete teh weapons i need .. iam allready lookin through ebay to get the helicopter etc.. i made some really cheap buys.. but its way not all what i need.. so it can be very expensive.. yes and i need to be carefull aswell..

now the hard part.. coloiring.. i found out when i paint the figures by hand i need 1 year :p and the colour from my prototype splits allready even i barely touched it.. the helicopter is fine.. but the figure ( blck) splits.. dunno why..

mike