Author Topic: Novelties 2019!  (Read 25137 times)

Offline Craig659

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Novelties 2019!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 20:22:41 »
Thanks for the info!  PB definitely seems to be continuing to move toward fantasy and fantastical rather than its traditional "real world" aesthetic.   Police, fire, construction, western, knights were Playmobil's staples.  Now we see space police, ghost pirates, dragon knights and dwarfs.  Not that is necessarily a bad thing - I personally am intrigued by the space police - but is seems like traditional collectors (read: older!) have to pick and choose individual sets rather than gobbling up an entire refreshed or new theme.  Still, I love Playmobil and can't wait to see pics to go along with these descriptions. 

Craig
Craig569

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 01:26:18 »
Agree with Craig, saddened by the continuing move into fantastical and X-TREEM. But that's been clear for years, no surprise.

This Space Police theme sounds cool. They've been experimenting with space cops and space baddies for some years, mostly in the Fi?ures. Looking forward to pics!  :picsplz:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 03:57:49 »
Canoa is canoe so canoe training, not canopy.

I wonder what that is though? two-seat kayak; kid in canoe with coach standing on land, dunno... ???

The space stuff sounds interesting, I think it's a good direction though I don't collect it myself. I hope they add more sciency stuff to it instead of it just being guns in space. Research labs, generators etc.

Engine with the new pirate ship. The regular motor I suppose but the ship could be anything. Probably another version of the last big one with the drop down sides exposing canon batteries.

I would also like to know what a mobile chicken coop is. ..ahh, thankyou mr. google image search. It's a portable coop, one of those frames with mesh things that rabbits etc get put in. So no wheels and it doesn't hang from the ceiling either. 8} ;D

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 04:09:23 »
Agree with Craig, saddened by the continuing move into fantastical and X-TREEM. But that's been clear for years, no surprise.

...Looking forward to pics!  :picsplz:

Pics are a must. Yeah, a pity about the fantasy replacing the medieval stuff though western seems to be making a small comeback. I still hold out some hope for the medieval range as they occasionally put out really nice stuff like the hay cart and the queens? that came with the last two main castles. These are great figures, particularly 4865 (Lion Knight Empire Castle). She has one of the best prints ever done.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 05:59:10 »

70171 : Collectible figure Winston Zeddemore
70172 : Collectible figure Peter Venkman
70173 : Collectible figure Egon Spengler
70174 : Collectible figure Raymond Stantz

And these collectible people are?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Craig659

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 14:58:55 »

Those are Ghostbuster characters.  Not sure what makes them "collectible" though. 
Craig569

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 17:53:47 »
Those are Ghostbuster characters.  Not sure what makes them "collectible" though.

Thanks for the info, Craig.  Neither am I.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 17:54:34 »
Is there any further info on the "your little city"?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 18:00:41 »
Is there any further info on the "your little city"?

AFAIK, only the small pics here: pf thread

System WHY, I guess?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 18:43:22 »
Non-system entirely I think, looks like single piece buildings, or with limited parts to add.

The pirate ship with motor I am pretty sure is a new version with the rc underwater motor in it.

The Space Police super set is promising, with a nice containment prison but a bit boring alien. i am hopeful of some interesting aliens they could do. Even if they just use existing molds now with the Super 4 aliens plus the old style, plus maybe the bunny head people would be fun. There is so much they could do there with a little creativity. Unfortunately they seem to lack some of that compared to LEGO that does amazingly creative stuff with their blind bag figure collections compared to the somewhat mundane Playmobil Figures series.