Author Topic: Playmobil Prussian special  (Read 2639 times)

Offline CymroMobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
Playmobil Prussian special
« on: March 20, 2018, 20:52:57 »
I’m off to Munich for the weekend next month, does anyone know if I’ll be able to pick up the Prussian Special there? I think it’s 5504

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil Prussian special
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 18:32:06 »
I'm sorry but don't think you can. It is sold by a museum in Koblenz (http://museumsshops-gerstenberger.eshop.t-online.de/Preussischer-Soldat-Playmobil-Sonderedition), over 400 km away ...

Best wishes from Munich
StJohn

Offline CymroMobil

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 20:45:08 »
Thanks!

Bit too far for a day trip  :lol:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 20:51:01 »
I wondered if that flag was a real one. It's a civilian use flag similar to the more well known one with the iron cross on it and the flag of Germany in the first quarter.

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 01:36:19 »
If you mean this one - the old Imperial war flag -

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-c5c6d2f1d0da93ff1cc49e16b7d25c2a

because it ha been adopted a a flag by the far right in Germany, it's use is forbidden in 9 of the 18 lander (states) in Germany.  In the other 9, the flag may be flown but if it is used provocatively, then prosecution may follow.

(Prussia as as German state was abolished after WW2),
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:43:06 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 04:27:17 »
If you mean this one - the old Imperial war flag -

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-c5c6d2f1d0da93ff1cc49e16b7d25c2a

because it ha been adopted a a flag by the far right in Germany, it's use is forbidden in 9 of the 18 lander (states) in Germany.  In the other 9, the flag may be flown but if it is used provocatively, then prosecution may follow.

(Prussia as as German state was abolished after WW2),
That's the one.
I thought that politics was why geobra went with that design but it turns out to be an actual flag, not just a look a like.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 19:09:55 »
I wondered if that flag was a real one. It's a civilian use flag similar to the more well known one with the iron cross on it and the flag of Germany in the first quarter.

It appears in the gallery here where it's identified as a war flag, not a civilian flag. It would be surprising if they'd given a soldier klicky a civvie flag - PM might have made that mistake but not the people who commissioned this figure!  :pop: :knight:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 14:28:24 »
I’m off to Munich for the weekend next month, does anyone know if I’ll be able to pick up the Prussian Special there? I think it’s 5504

mmm ... 5504 is this one
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 16:52:24 »
It appears in the gallery here where it's identified as a war flag, not a civilian flag. It would be surprising if they'd given a soldier klicky a civvie flag - PM might have made that mistake but not the people who commissioned this figure!  :pop: :knight:
I think I got confused over it or something similar being used as a civic flag later, maybe after unification.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 10:21:44 »
I wish i could get a few of this klicky to add to my small army ...

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: