General > Trains!

Train couplers - new vs old

(1/2) > >>

tahra:
Well.. I know nothing about trains.

Since a fellow playmofriend wants the old "hooks"/couplers, and I don't really care, I need to replace them with the new ones..

I have a new set of the new ones (shown with an old one too):

So.. do I really need to cut that for it to fit?  And... which part?  All of it?

It's kind of a cross thing, do I cut both vertical and horizontal thingies?  I don't like maiming it..  :-[

playmofire:
Yes, you do need to cut it.  Cut it off flush with the side pieces.  I'll try and find one I've cut and take a photo.

Junker Jörg:
Wenn's für Dich egal ist, dann kannst Du da nix kaputtmachen. Der Nachteil der neuen Entkuppler ist, daß sie seitlich wegschwingen. Damit können sie mit den Gleisentkupplern nicht mehr automatisch ausgelöst werden. Sofern Du sowas eh nicht machen willst, ist es für Dich egal, welche Haken Du nimmst - und dann kannst Du alle vier Zapfen wegknipsen.

If old or new hook doesn't matter to you, you can cut all four. Those new hooks turn away sideways when pushed to an in-rail uncoupling device (there for sure is a proper name for that, but I don't know it). That's why some do prefer old hooks to use automatic uncouplers.

jj:

playmofire:

--- Quote from: Junker Jörg on March 10, 2018, 19:32:48 ---Wenn's für Dich egal ist, dann kannst Du da nix kaputtmachen. Der Nachteil der neuen Entkuppler ist, daß sie seitlich wegschwingen. Damit können sie mit den Gleisentkupplern nicht mehr automatisch ausgelöst werden. Sofern Du sowas eh nicht machen willst, ist es für Dich egal, welche Haken Du nimmst - und dann kannst Du alle vier Zapfen wegknipsen.

If old or new hook doesn't matter to you, you can cut all four. Those new hooks turn away sideways when pushed to an in-rail uncoupling device (there for sure is a proper name for that, but I don't know it). That's why some do prefer old hooks to use automatic uncouplers.

jj:

--- End quote ---

Maybe a "between the rails uncoupler".

tahra:

--- Quote from: playmofire on March 10, 2018, 19:17:30 ---Yes, you do need to cut it.  Cut it off flush with the side pieces.  I'll try and find one I've cut and take a photo.

--- End quote ---

That'd be good, yes  :-[

--- Quote from: Junker Jörg on March 10, 2018, 19:32:48 ---If old or new hook doesn't matter to you, you can cut all four. Those new hooks turn away sideways when pushed to an in-rail uncoupling device (there for sure is a proper name for that, but I don't know it). That's why some do prefer old hooks to use automatic uncouplers.

--- End quote ---

...  ???  I have no idea what that is....  :-[   We don't have that much of trains... and all rc (except for that old western loco - no idea if it works or not .. and never will)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version