Author Topic: 2018 Novelties - Firefighters  (Read 1447 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
2018 Novelties - Firefighters
« on: January 25, 2018, 19:27:54 »
Images from amclicks: link  :love:

Images from amclicks: link  :love:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 19:37:26 by tahra »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 2018 Novelties - Firefighters
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 20:11:32 »
I'm still not sure what 9466 and 9467 are meant to be. "neigbar" and "drehbar" on 9466 just mean tilting and rotating, so no idea what it is meant to represent, but it probably "pumps" water in some way.  The new style blue light unit may be useful on other vehicles.

9467 is a fire-fighting robot (something appearing in larger fire brigages around the world), but it appears t eject icicles!

Many thanks, tahra, for uploading the pictures for all the new themes.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 20:51:21 »
Gordon, shouldn´t the firetrucks have 4 wheels at the back?  ???
(it´s been a while since I paid closer attention to Playmo´s Firetheme)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 21:11:35 »
Hi,

hmmm Firefighters not realy my collectors theme but looks like the same vehicle from 2013 only new colors ?!

Greetings

Andi

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 21:32:12 »
The 9466 looks like a Unimog based unit, but the projecting device looks like it is for foam rather than water like I would expect on a brush fire truck. I like the brick stickers on the firehouse set. The 'ice' things Gordon mentions look to be projectiles, so it fire like a cannon and you can knock down the flame pieces. Not a bad idea from a play perspective. Less wet at least. :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 21:57:04 »
Gordon, shouldn´t the firetrucks have 4 wheels at the back?  ???
(it´s been a while since I paid closer attention to Playmo´s Firetheme)

You're referring to the turntable ladder I think.  In the US it's common for their aerial ladders to have two axles at the rear, but in the UK and Europe it's less common.  However, in the case of aerial ladder platforms like this http://www.norfolkfireservice.gov.uk/nfrs/images/equipmentgallery/m_aerial_ladder_platform.jpg which are much heavier, then there are two axles at the rear.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline UKfire13

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 17:02:50 »
Hi all, thanks Tahra for post in the pics, I have a few observations  of the new items.
9466 is a high pressure fan that can be used as a 300lpm cannon or as ventilation, only ever heard of them being used by industrial brigades.
9467 looks like a smaller version of 9466.
9463 +9464 are the same as 5362 +5363 with what looks like a new light & sound module(if you look at the comparison photos the roof light go further back than on the originals)
The fire station is mostly the same as 5361 the main differences I can see are brick stickers(?) for the walls, the hose drying tower is replaced with normal wall bits, new doors for the engine bay, solar panels on the roof &2nd bay with landing pad for the helicopter.
All the fire fighter klickys appear to have more modern helmets(headwear), this is most apparent in the photo for 9468.

Really looking forward to the new helmets as the old style in real life are 1990s vintage.

Regards, Stuart.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 20:16:46 »
Thanks for that extra info, UKfire13.

I hadn't noticed the new style helmets (they're a good change).

I thought on the catalogue page photo that the lights looked longer, but decided that was a bit of distortion or some such, but they are in fact longer and the R/C aerial is in a different position, too, I think.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 23:35:44 »
Thanks for the info about the fire-engines.

An additional remark; the little helicopter in the Firestation-set looks rather like a mini-gunship then a rescue-/firebrigade-helicopter...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline UKfire13

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 00:03:03 »
Yes the helicopter would be useless it is far too small.