Author Topic: 2018 new items  (Read 10131 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 2018 new items
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2018, 20:31:31 »
Some pics of the novelties catalog from THAT site!

link - have no idea if everyone can see them.

edit: AH!  And from the usual source lately: link on amclicks

Now we need better quality pics... and prices  :-\

The dragons  :love: :love:   And the ice sets (MOSTLY not pink!) :love: :love:

Can't make up my mind (meaning, can't see if the klickys are normal) on the riding sets. One of them is a anoretic fairy like klicky (the small set  :hmm: )..

And the space... a lot like the last one.. and the station reminds me of playmospace.. but full of blinkies...

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2018, 20:49:46 »
Thanks so much, Tahra!!!  :thanks: :)9 :apple:

Can’t see the pictures of the Facebook link :( ... do you mind copying them here? Unless they are the same of amclicks?

I have to say that the Spirit theme looks more than okay! I like the father’s carriage and the bedroom! The house on the other hand... not convinced... And what is that one advent calendar about? It’s like a dining room or something? Looks really nice!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2018, 20:51:27 »
Thanks so much, Tahra!!!  :thanks: :)9 :apple:

Can’t see the pictures of the Facebook link :( ... do you mind copying them here? Unless they are the same of amclicks?

I have to say that the Spirit theme looks more than okay! I like the father’s carriage and the bedroom! The house on the other hand... not convinced... And what is that one advent calendar about? It’s like a dining room or something? Looks really nice!

Pics are the same, yes...

I REALLY hate it that we get to know everything from there :'(  So sad.

Probably a living room, yes - done in the past.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2018, 21:15:00 »
Can't make up my mind (meaning, can't see if the klickys are normal) on the riding sets. One of them is a anoretic fairy like klicky (the small set  :hmm: )..

Well, the klickies of the Spirit theme seem to have the normal klicky face, if my eyes don’t betray me :-) !
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2018, 21:20:22 »
Well, the klickies of the Spirit theme seem to have the normal klicky face, if my eyes don’t betray me :-) !

I am worried about their bodies. At least one is that .. let's say "silly" super4-starved-fairy-type - the smaller one.  And I THINK one of them REALLY looks like Ruby :(   (from this low quality pics..)

I NEED to see the HTTYD twins properly!

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2018, 21:25:55 »
I've seen the pics and I must admit this is the time I'm disappointed the most since I'm anxiously awaiting January's end releases. It's easy to say I don't like the new releases but I remain a building customiser and year after year Playmobil has nothing more to offer except for a few DS (re)releases.

So my first thoughts:

-The dragons: this is such a weird theme with way too many dragons. Some useful medieval accessories though
-Firetheme: nice vehicles, at least Playmobil offers cool vehicles anno 2018. Firestation is a copy of the previous one with some different colors.
-Mars theme: I'm an amateur astronomer and space lover and awaiting the age of the real Mars Landing. Sets look ok. Mars Base again is no real Sys-X and appears to be not very customisable
-Spirit: the mansion's box shouldn't wear the brand Playmobil, again, sorry to say but it doesn't feel like being a Playmobil construction at all. Nice carriage though.
-Crystal palace theme: I'm glad it's not pink and this is the theme I'm the most positive about.

Unless the amount of themes was not complete, 2018 seems to be the first year since a very long time that there is no real history theme: no knights or pirates...

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2018, 23:42:05 »
Thanks for the links to the pictures! :D

All of the new Dragons sets look great. It is a bit strange that all of the new sets featuring a dragon and dragonrider - and not the current ones - seem to be designed for use with the sheep game (Dragon Racing as it is called). And, Snotlout definitely looks the least like himself in Playmobil form, but he does have a new rock warhammer!

The Magic / Crystal Palace theme looks great too. It's nice to see more creatures of similar size that can use the large weapons and tools that have been released lately. The fantasy figures in the sets look nice too; I look forward to some better pictures of them. 
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2018, 00:16:28 »
Some interesting stuff there. Lots of fantasy animals. Brown reindeer are...different. The horses look like they fit in nicely with the most recent types so that's good.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2018, 01:49:39 »
I really need to look at these on a computer rather than my phone!

I’m interested in the Crystal/ Magic theme

I like what I see in the Spirit theme

Do I see that Santa’s Reindeer are now brown?
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2018, 07:51:45 »
Some more opinions after a night of sleeping;

The nativity scene seems very poor this year... they added the baby animals instead of an adult mule and ox... I’m glad I bought the last version, the best until now. However I’m glad about the Wise Men, I didn’t have the chance to buy any of them so far.

Is that a “snow lynx” in the box of the Yeti? The ice cave is a great set, I’m thinking of using that one for my zoo, as a shelter for the ice bears!

As mentioned by kenc, the Spirit mansion doesn’t look Playmobil at all, but I’m very interested in the furniture that comes with it!

Can’t wait for more detailed pictures :D !