Getting Started > Welcome!

Hi everyone!

(1/5) > >>

Luftgaengerin:
Hi everyone!

I am a new member, writing you from Germany, and I am sorry it took me two weeks to finally say hi... It's almost Christmas and there's playmobil, you know... :)
I'm a very recent but passionate collector - I've started for just about an year ago - but I've been doing my best to keep up! ;) As usual, it all goes back to childhood memories. My childhood playmobil sets were very few and small ones, but enough to create a mild fever. My little cousin always got the big sets, like the fort and the pirate boat, so I kept visiting him whenever I could to play together.
Now I have two children and a great excuse to get my old dream-toys, and the kids love these old sets too. I also enjoy my "professional talk" with my youngest, who keeps track which hair or sword belongs to which klicky - I can always ask him if we have a certain part in a certain color already and he seems to know it all immediately - I suspect he studies the playmobil-catalog when his parents are asleep...  ;D

I was also a pcc-member, where I met Tahra - upon finding out the sad news, she recommended this website to keep in touch (thanks Tahra!). I hope I get to know more of you all, admire your collections, and find out more about this amazing toy. I'm also interested in news/events/exhibitions around playmobil, since I was in a Luxembourg exhibition this last summer and it was fantastic, though a bit overwhelming too...  :love:

My theme is historical, mainly medieval (Steck 3666/customs), but of course we can't resist to ships and pirates and vikings and even certain fairies... It's a big mess but we love it.
Looking forward to know more from you!  :wave:

leefert:
Welcome from the USA!!!!

Klickteryx:
Welcome and great looking picture there.

Out of interest, what is the name you use for the tree in the picture - Betula pendula (silver birch).

...and yes, it's a shame about the pcc closing. Will you open your Don Quixote gift or keep it boxed?

playmofire:
Welcome from the UK!  :wave:

Ismene:
 :welcome:

Welcome to PF!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version