Author Topic: Hello from Deinze (BE)!  (Read 3600 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Hello from Deinze (BE)!
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 09:26:57 »
Welcome from Assenede, Belgium!! Near you  :D

Since you are from Belgium, you should take a look at the Exposition in Balen, Belgium. It's in the first weekend of March.
It's a great expo with lot's of vendors and diorama builders from the Benelux and more! (incl myself  :love:)

Greetings!

Thank you!!! I used to live in Eeklo, which was even more closer.

Thanks for the tip, I always wanted to go to an exposition of Playmobil! Do I understand it well, that you will build a diorama in Balen?
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline PlaymoFrankJon

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 18:34:48 »
Thank you!!! I used to live in Eeklo, which was even more closer.

Thanks for the tip, I always wanted to go to an exposition of Playmobil! Do I understand it well, that you will build a diorama in Balen?

Yes!
Also this may be a bit of advertising but you should check out " Connect To Smile ", we are a group of collectors/vendors/diorama builders from Belgium & Holland.
They organise the exposition coming March, and we do lots of other stuff too  :wave:

Offline singleklicky69

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 18:09:38 »
And "Hello!" from Aalst (BE).

Brand new member but Playmobil fan since my childhood.
Awesome story!   

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 01:00:30 »

Hoorah, the "East-Flanders Collectors Company" is expanding! :captain:  :lol:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 19:06:26 »
A warm welcome to the forum!  :wave:

I'm a 33-year-old collector and I live in Antwerp. The sets you mention bring back lots of memories for me too. Those elephants! The old-timer!  :love:
I'm sure there are lots of Belgian collectors who still think they're the only adult Playmobil fans in the world...
I'm very glad you found your way to our forum!

And the Playmo fair in Balen is a must, seriously, it is extremely well organised and the dioramas are amazing.

Don't worry about getting access to the PCC-members-only lounge here, because it is now open for everyone. There won't be any spoilers or secret information anymore, so we decided to make that section public to all Playmofriends. You can find it as a subboard of the PCC board here.

Have fun browsing and sharing your ideas/pictures/opinions...

:**: (Dat was de enige emoticon die ik met België kon linken, haha) (That was the only smiley that made me think of Belgium)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 08:26:09 »
A warm welcome to the forum!  :wave:

I'm a 33-year-old collector and I live in Antwerp. The sets you mention bring back lots of memories for me too. Those elephants! The old-timer!  :love:
I'm sure there are lots of Belgian collectors who still think they're the only adult Playmobil fans in the world...
I'm very glad you found your way to our forum!

And the Playmo fair in Balen is a must, seriously, it is extremely well organised and the dioramas are amazing.

Don't worry about getting access to the PCC-members-only lounge here, because it is now open for everyone. There won't be any spoilers or secret information anymore, so we decided to make that section public to all Playmofriends. You can find it as a subboard of the PCC board here.

Have fun browsing and sharing your ideas/pictures/opinions...

:**: (Dat was de enige emoticon die ik met België kon linken, haha) (That was the only smiley that made me think of Belgium)

Thanks Birdie!

You were one of the first profiles I came to visit on the PCC when I was searching for pictures and inspiration for my zoo diorama. I really like your creativity and detailed diorama's. Are you busy with building new diorama's?

Well, since the ending of the Collector of the Month, I guess less and less PCC members took time to present themselves via a blog. I think we could have known of more Belgians if the PCC had its own welcoming board. Anyway, it's nice to meet new people here!

Balen is on the agenda! Unfortunately it's still a couple of months ;)
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2017, 08:29:31 »

Brand new member but Playmobil fan since my childhood.
Awesome story!

Hello and welcome Singleklicky69! And thanks, I look forward to learn about your collection!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2017, 19:52:20 »
You were one of the first profiles I came to visit on the PCC when I was searching for pictures and inspiration for my zoo diorama. I really like your creativity and detailed diorama's. Are you busy with building new diorama's?

Oh wow thanks for the compliment  :)
I wish I was working on something new - I miss it so much! But we have a two-year-old and since she was born, I haven't been able to do any dioramas. Lack of sleep + full-time job + household + family life = basement filled with untouched Playmobil  :'(

Ah well, I'm sure there will come a time when I'm back in business.
Do show some of your work here, I'd love to see what you came up with!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 14:40:26 »
Oh wow thanks for the compliment  :)
I wish I was working on something new - I miss it so much! But we have a two-year-old and since she was born, I haven't been able to do any dioramas. Lack of sleep + full-time job + household + family life = basement filled with untouched Playmobil  :'(

Ah well, I'm sure there will come a time when I'm back in business.
Do show some of your work here, I'd love to see what you came up with!

Anytime :) I can imagine it is difficult with a young daughter to spend time on your hobbies, on the other hand you get the unforgettable joy of a child!

Since I moved to another city last year, I don't want to put my playmobil on the ground anymore (I want to set up my diorama in the cellar). So, after a year we finally found a dining room we both like, it will be delivered in 2 weeks and then I will move my Ikea table to the cellar where it will serve as the ground for my Western diorama. At the moment I'm still ordering parts and sets and if everything goes well, I'll be able to build my Western city in 3 weeks. Pictures will follow for sure!