Author Topic: Herrieden promo?  (Read 1655 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Herrieden promo?
« on: November 18, 2017, 20:03:29 »
Did you see these?

link on THAT site

According to the posters, the set is new and made for the town of Herrieden.

Does anyone live there?  >:D

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: Herrieden promo?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 21:11:41 »
Great find and yet another doh moment as I see the belt with the vertical clip on it and how it's being used to hold the drum. What a good idea! Will now have to scrounge around and see if I can give some of my drummers belts like that.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 22:55:14 »
Did you see these?

Not yet, great, thanks for sharing!

Great find and yet another doh moment as I see the belt with the vertical clip on it and how it's being used to hold the drum. What a good idea!

I concur. Brilliant.

I also very much like the hare flag; I suppose the name Herrieden has (originally or secondarily) something to do with /hare/. It is in Franconia, Geobra's favourite part of the world, which explains the preferential treatment.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 22:59:12 »
It is in Franconia, Geobra's favourite part of the world, which explains the preferential treatment.

I see that Herrieden houses the new Playmobil logistics centre, which explains all the better why the world (or only the town?) got this new set.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 02:05:42 »
Will it be on sale in a gift shop there? Are they a three pack or are those customized singles?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 13:46:44 »
Will it be on sale in a gift shop there?

I'd like to know that too..

Will it be on sale in a gift shop there? Are they a three pack or are those customized singles?

From the post, I believe it's a pack. Why it's missing 2 neckpieces is beyond me.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 21:47:36 »
Hmm... to be an original set, those soldiers look like they are missing several accessories, like collars & cuffs.
Assuming they are not custom-made, do they come in a box, or just  in a plastic bag (like Funpark Give-Aways) ?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 02:19:01 »
Decoration on drum appears to be two thin stickers with the red pattern rather than the normal single stickers that covers the entire middle of the drum. Isn't that the sort of the thing they do with proof designs?
Perhaps they should have blue collars, it's not uncommon for bands to only have the leader with fancy epaulettes so I wouldn't expect all three to have that gold collar.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 08:52:15 »
You know as much as I do - just that post in THAT site..

From there, it seems to be a bagged item.. And it is really not unusual for klickys to miss neckpieces/accessories - the roman italian guy had no neckpiece (and I believe some in the roman sets were the same..)

We could fix that though ;)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 13:41:26 »
Having stared at the pics a little longer, I start to think they are customs, as Hadoque seems to do.

Reasons for my suspicion:
1) The torsos look like a cleaning job.
2) The headgear decoration (print, sticker?) is too petit.
A close-up of the flag would be very helpful to settle the question (sticker or print?), but there isn't one.

I hope I am wrong! So let's look at the counter-arguments:

-1) A special production for Herrieden would fall in line with the norm. Think Zirndorf copper.
-2) The leaflet in the bag. Bags don't mean anything, but the combination with a leaflet is a nice touch for a custom, or perhaps an indication for it being genuine.

And it is really not unusual for klickys to miss neckpieces/accessories - the roman italian guy had no neckpiece (and I believe some in the roman sets were the same..)

So very true. :-\ The Spaniards are a prime example. Just look at this poor chap, so cold! http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-00-4362

Best wishes
StJohn