Author Topic: Ferrovie dello Balconia (part 2)  (Read 30388 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Re: Ferrovie dello Balconia (part 2)
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2018, 14:38:34 »
The overhauled crane has been tested today. In the end, two large counterweights and two small counterweights were mounted, so that the overall weight of the crane increased. The first test was an immediate success. Heavier loads can now be lifted and the boom of the crane can be extended further. The coupling hook on the other side of the wagon has also been moved, so that all locomotives can now be connected. During the test, one small problem was discovered: the resistance of the axles in the wheel axle boxes increased. It was decided to replace it with ball bearings. But the goal of the test has been achieved: now preassembled sections of track can be placed ready to go.

Two large and two small counterweights are mounted in the cabinet at the rear of the wagon.

Overview of the test site. The test was a tremendous success!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2018, 15:03:28 »
Congratulations!   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2018, 15:16:20 »
:)

Looking forward to more!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2018, 19:14:08 »
I never thought I'd be so gripped by a tale of railroad engineering! Stellar work Marco!

:banana: :builder: :builder: :builder: :builder: :builder: :builder: :apple:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2018, 12:54:46 »
This is a memorable day. Today Box Hill Tunnel is opened in a spectacular way. The scene from Queen's video clip was repeated thinly. Above the tunnel, Isambard Kingdom Brunel modestly placed a name sign, just like he did with the Royal Albert Bridge. A little advertising for yourself can never hurt. Consideration is still being given to whether the Ferrovie dello Balconia logo should also be placed above the tunnel. As with any railway, there are still small improvements to be made.

Total overview of the tunnel. The cups can be left standing and the train can now continue its journey.

Henriëtta congratulates Isambard Kingdom Brunel. Everything has been done without any injuries, and the whole thing has remained within budget.

(Unfortunately I don't have a pop group of Playmobil).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2018, 20:22:37 »
Well, that's a beautifully constructed tunnel an a great idea to link it to the Queen video.  (I've never heard that track or seen that video - had you come across it before?).

And, a always, nicely set up and photographed. 

I'm sorry the tunnel story is over,  but I'm sure something equally entertaining is on it's way.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2018, 12:33:15 »
It was back in 1989 number 4 in the Dutch Top 40. And as a railway enthousiast, I was immediately fond of the video clip. The clip and the train were filmed on the Nene Valley Railway in the UK, nearby Peterborough. The girl, Debbie, was Taylor's girl-friend. Roger Taylor and Freddy Mercury wrote the song.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2018, 13:14:13 »
It was back in 1989 number 4 in the Dutch Top 40. And as a railway enthousiast, I was immediately fond of the video clip. The clip and the train were filmed on the Nene Valley Railway in the UK, nearby Peterborough. The girl, Debbie, was Taylor's girl-friend. Roger Taylor and Freddy Mercury wrote the song.

Thank you for that, Marco.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2018, 09:06:15 »
Quote from: “Eastern Balcony Railways”
The management of the EBR would like to congratulate the Ferrovie dello Balconia and has had a logo created for the new Tunnel.
Everything is ready and charged and the logo will soon be offered as soon as the driving schedule has been approved by the departmental staff.

Unfortunately the driving staff did not want to take a picture (a bit shy).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2018, 10:59:24 »
A very smart logo and a pity the driving staff didn't want their photo taken.