Author Topic: What could they do with the next batch of pirates?  (Read 122 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
What could they do with the next batch of pirates?
« on: September 26, 2017, 14:18:10 »
Seeing how they are already phasing out the last pirate batch, I can only assume they have plans to release a new batch in the near future.
Unless they think pirates do not sell anymore these days, which would likely have more to do with the terrible quality of the last batch compared to the one that came before it.

That one was very strong I feel, with the island, the coins, the proper soldier's fort, redcoats and a very beautifull pirate ship. I have everything of that batch save for the island, and thats only because of storage difficulties.

I think that they should again go with kind of a theme within the theme to really have an adventure going. The current batch is just random stuff and aside from a few nice new parts, everything it did, earlier batches did better.
Every single pirate ship before it was better just for having a cabin and lots more accesoires, all pirate islands had more going for it than two very little indoor areas that can't even be build in other ways, the light house is a smaller and aesthetically less pleasing version of the proper one from before and by far the worst soldiers building they ever released, including a toolshed they had once (which could at least be combined with other toolsheds to make a fort.

Anyways, the current batch will be old business soon, so let's talk about what they could do with the new one!

As I said, a theme within the theme to have a bit of focus would do well. It worked for the coins.

This time, pirates could be on the defensive.

The largest set could be a pirate island formed in a U shape, a smuggler's bay.
There could be palm trees, a wooden hut, some wooden beach fortifications where cannons can be placed and there could be a hill that can be opened, allowing pirates to bury their treasure there. The hut could have a trapdoor as well, to either put prisoners, treasure or weapons.

The pirate ship could be smaller this time, the size of the schooner.

The soldier's ship could be the size of the usual pirate ships for once, bigger would be better but I doubt they would ever do that.
But they could make the design a bit different with the deck being lower and not having a cargo hold. Instead it could have room for four cannons (two on each side) and could come with two cannons. And in the front there could be a small prison. At the back under the captain's room there could be a place to store a treasure chest.
Aside from a captain, there could be one soldier with it and two sailors, dressed in the same colors but less formal.

Some additional soldier sets could be a set of three soldiers with a cannon, and an officer with a cannon and some maps.

And for the pirates there could also be a rowboat with a small sail and two pirates, and a small island with a little cave that has just enough room for a single clicky to have shelter, or to use as a storage room. Could be combined well with the larger island.

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Lover
Re: What could they do with the next batch of pirates?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 15:27:55 »

The largest set could be a pirate island formed in a U shape, a smuggler's bay.
There could be palm trees, a wooden hut, some wooden beach fortifications where cannons can be placed and there could be a hill that can be opened, allowing pirates to bury their treasure there. The hut could have a trapdoor as well, to either put prisoners, treasure or weapons.

The pirate ship could be smaller this time, the size of the schooner.

The soldier's ship could be the size of the usual pirate ships for once, bigger would be better

I can agree to this, I had 3799 as a child as well. This U shapped smuggler's bay could come in sections like they did with the Safari sets where you connected them together.  The main set would be with the hut and hill and have two end pieces to the Island that flow naturally into the water (floor level) so that in the event you did not wish to buy more sets then it would look complete. But if you bought more sets you could pop/ unclick these end section and add them to either side and then attach these ends bits to that section and so on.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll