Author Topic: DS ACW (US civil war) soldiers worldwide removed from Online Shops & Funstores  (Read 6615 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
He gets more unbelievable each day!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Have someone tried to order them by mail (—> classic good old post), using the card in the catalogue?

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Have someone tried to order them by mail (—> classic good old post), using the card in the catalogue?

Marco,

As I have mentioned already in this post since I buy parts from Playmobil Canada all the time now and have some friendly staff there that help me out. I asked them point blank if I could still buy the sets in question and they advised that yes I could as long as I ordered it through the parts department. They did not go into why they were pulled from the on-line store and I was not going to push the subject further as I only needed to know if I could still get them or not.

Over all though, with the removal of these items, plus the discontinuation of the western and Indian theme as a whole it pushes me even more now to collect the rest of the MISB sets of these types before they are lost and forgotten.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
What I mean is that these days, EVERYTHING seems to be offensive for someone. Sometimes I have no idea what to say.

That's EXACTLY the problem.

I wish everyone would stop being overly sensitive babies. Leave the history sets alone
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
But have Playmobil been fed fake news?

I've been though  Trump's Facebook posts for the past few weeks and there's nothing there about Playmobil and if he had tweeted earlier in the year, surely it would have surfaced long ago?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
What's interesting is that the original Confederate flag, known as the stars and bars , is almost unknown today.

The flag, as you can see is based on the Austrian flag. Why, I don't know as the creator was Prussian. The Confederacy also adopted the grey uniforms of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

The design was chosen because it resembled the Stars and Stripes which was still viewed with respect by many in the Confederacy. Unfortunately it looked too like it during battle so the Confederacy adopted a battle flag which is where the current "confederate flag" comes from - sort of, because the modern version differs from that flag too.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
I've been though  Trump's Facebook posts for the past few weeks and there's nothing there about Playmobil ...

Oh dear, I didn't intend anyone to undergo such distress...  :-\. Maybe you just missed the * in my post:

Theres are the* facts: ...
*...alternative, of course :P

8}

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
Oh dear, I didn't intend anyone to undergo such distress...  :-\. Maybe you just missed the * in my post:

8}

jj:

I did!   :lol:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 13:28:28 by playmofire »

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
That's EXACTLY the problem.

I wish everyone would stop being overly sensitive babies. Leave the history sets alone

I tend to think that peoples who've been oppressed/enslaved/had there land stolen for hundreds for years sort of have a right to be 'sensitive'.

The Western sets have a bit of unique place in the 'historical' Playmobil sets because it's so recent - for a toy company that has always said it wouldn't make modern war toys - and because it's representing a fairly contentious history. Especially as the rest of the historical sets go ever further into fantasy territory.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Everyone has been oppressed at some point in their history.

Like I said once, should Christians have called for a ban on the PM Roman arena because early Christians were fed to the lions there?

"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."