Author Topic: Ships, Sails, & Stickers  (Read 1362 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Ships, Sails, & Stickers
« on: September 03, 2017, 21:21:31 »
I'm thinking of taking some of my sailing ships to the Fort Steuben fountain for pictures of them in water. They will get soaked as there is a heavy spray. What will happen to the sails & the stickers after this? I'm referring to my 2 Roman galleys & the new Egyptian ship. I don't want to do this if there's going to be permanent damage. I could go to a large pond in a local park instead, but the fountain spray makes great as a backdrop. TX.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Ships, Sails, & Stickers
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 21:36:32 »
As far as I know, the ships are meant to be put in water, so they should be okay. I imagine that the sails are made of a synthetic blend of some sort or at least are coated in some kind of wax-like material, so they should be relatively unaffected by water.

The stickers might eventually come off if they get wet though, but I would also guess that they were made to withstand water.
~Pynedor~

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 00:08:08 »
As far as I know, the ships are meant to be put in water, so they should be okay. I imagine that the sails are made of a synthetic blend of some sort or at least are coated in some kind of wax-like material, so they should be relatively unaffected by water.

The stickers might eventually come off if they get wet though, but I would also guess that they were made to withstand water.

TX for the advice I haven't sailed any boats yet but may try to get to one of the local lakes while the weather is still good.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 06:26:14 »
When sailing PM sailing ships, the important thing id to have the rigging slack so that the sails can fill and empty with the wind.  If the rigging is taught, a gust of wind will simply blow the ship over.

I speak from experience.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”