Author Topic: Review of Playmobil shuttle unit  (Read 3700 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Review of Playmobil shuttle unit
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 09:40:52 »
So eine Pendelsteuerung ist klasse! Das Video geht bloß leider (wieder?) nicht  >:(. Erkennt die Steuerung, wann der Zug den Halteabschnitt erreicht hat? Oder polt sie`immer nach einer fest eingestellt Zeit um?

Shuttel units really are great! Just the vid's failing  ???.

Is it still not working?  It works for me, but then I am the account holder on photobucket, but I have made it public so it should work here too.  I'll try again with it.

Would the electric detect wether the train has reached the other end or does it reverse according to a fixed time scheme?

The system is very basic.  When the pickups on the loco cross the split track, it stops and there is hen a click as the diode reverses the current and the loco then restarts in the opposite direction.  There is no means to alter the length of time the loco is stationary.

jj:

P.S.I daresay the spider isn't doing too well any more... ::) die Aktivität Spinne läßt ein wenig zu wünschen übrig.

He certainly isn't!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 10:29:10 »
I'm not having much luck with photobucket.  For some people the video link works and for others not, and I can't make out why.  Th alternative is to embed an image which takes you to the video when you click on it.  However, photobucket is such a cumbersome site with loads of intrusive ads and the video is so jerky viewed on it that it isn't worth it I'm afraid.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 11:06:47 »
Was den Photokübel betrifft würd ich sagen: Der Brexit läßt grüßen  :lol: . Was passiert, wenn die Fahrstrecke verlängert wird? Bleibt die Standzeit gleich? Oder wird sie in dem Maß kürzer, in dem sich die Fahrzeit verlängert?

As to the photo bucket: I fear that's Brexit  ::).

What if you extended the distance between the end tracks by a couple of tracks? Would the waiting time still be the same? Or would it shorten by the time the ride is prolonged?

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 16:12:29 »
Was den Photokübel betrifft würd ich sagen: Der Brexit läßt grüßen  :lol: . Was passiert, wenn die Fahrstrecke verlängert wird? Bleibt die Standzeit gleich? Oder wird sie in dem Maß kürzer, in dem sich die Fahrzeit verlängert?

As to the photo bucket: I fear that's Brexit  ::).

What if you extended the distance between the end tracks by a couple of tracks? Would the waiting time still be the same? Or would it shorten by the time the ride is prolonged?

jj:

No, the waiting time is the same whatever the length of the track, although with a very short length of track I believe that the system might not work properly.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 17:47:27 »
Gordon you could either put the file on a YouTube account, or if you want to email it to me I could host it at my site.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 19:24:07 »
Gordon you could either put the file on a YouTube account, or if you want to email it to me I could host it at my site.

Thank you for the kind offer, Tim.  I will email it to you rather than open another account with another password to remember!  PM me your email address and I'll do it asap.

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 20:06:27 »
No, the waiting time is the same whatever the length of the track, although with a very short length of track I believe that the system might not work properly.
Splendid. That's at least on of the better eletronics. It allows you flexible track lengths and speeds.

Ziemlich gut. Das ist dann schon eine der besseren Versionen, die dir auch unterschiedliche Streckenlängen und Fahrgeschwindigkeiten erlaubt.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 22:15:33 »
Splendid. That's at least on of the better eletronics. It allows you flexible track lengths and speeds.

Ziemlich gut. Das ist dann schon eine der besseren Versionen, die dir auch unterschiedliche Streckenlängen und Fahrgeschwindigkeiten erlaubt.

jj:

Yes, you can set your own speed, but it needs to be slow enough for the electrics to respond before it reaches the other end.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 06:18:32 »
However, photobucket is such a cumbersome site with loads of intrusive ads and the video is so jerky viewed on it that it isn't worth it I'm afraid.

Ha! Only a little better when on a subscription. My bugbear is how long it takes recent uploads to actually appear in the Library. I'm glad Tiermann can help out with the video. :wave:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 15:44:23 »
Here we go, a link to Gordon's video that should work

http://animobil.info/playmo/In%20action.MOV