Author Topic: Container wagon  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Container wagon
« on: May 29, 2017, 08:49:25 »
I bought this container wagon for a real bargain. Although it is made from original Playmobil parts throughout, I don't believe that this was an original Playmobil item. Can somebody identify this (of part of this)?
I presume that the frame is from Playmobil gondola 5264, because that is the only original Playmobil wagon I know with a red frame.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Container wagon
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:09:55 »
That container is from set 3817, Sunset Express, where it is carried on the back of a (road) truck. It fits perfectly on that rail truck, as I think such containers do in real life?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Re: Container wagon
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 09:26:47 »
That container is from set 3817, Sunset Express, where it is carried on the back of a (road) truck. It fits perfectly on that rail truck, as I think such containers do in real life?

I could not find a better answer, as the picture tells it all.

The idea is quite old, here a picture before WWII. The difference is that the old containers could not be stacked, unlike the modern ones in the picture above.