Author Topic: Playmobil 3719 Red trailer, was it inspired by.......??  (Read 3114 times)

Offline Bas

• Playmo Enthusiast
You remember this one??

Now let me show you this one, notice the shapes of the container!:

The only question: Did the trailer mfg inspire Geobra or did Geobra inspire the trailer mag??  :lol:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Playmobil 3719 Red trailer, was it inspired by.......??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 15:04:42 »
Well spotted, Bas! The more time I spend with Playmobil, the more examples of similar things in the real world I notice! Who knows which inspired what?

Here are some more examples where Life was copied by PM: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=14523.0

Mind you, some PM things differ considerably from the things I see around me, a reflection of the location of the designers I am sure. Schultute, yellow school buses, green uniformed police officers, ADAC vehicles, etc.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 15:47:31 »
Well spotted, Bas! The more time I spend with Playmobil, the more examples of similar things in the real world I notice! Who knows which inspired what?

Here are some more examples where Life was copied by PM: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=14523.0

Mind you, some PM things differ considerably from the things I see around me, a reflection of the location of the designers I am sure. Schultute, yellow school buses, green uniformed police officers, ADAC vehicles, etc.

I think that the source of Playmobil's ideas is the real world, not the other way round. 

Bearing in  mind that Playmobil is a German based company, it is no surprise that their vehicles and uniforms are influenced by what is/was seen in Germany, hence the examples Graham B cites.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 20:49:41 »
I think that the source of Playmobil's ideas is the real world, not the other way round. 

MADNESS
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: