Author Topic: Villa Villekulla  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Villa Villekulla
« on: May 07, 2017, 10:53:19 »
Villa Villekulla

Villa Villekulla is my latest addition on my mobile train layout. I have made several kits from wood or plastic, but these houses need a lot of room if stored for the winter.
This holiday home is builded up from Playmobil System X elements.
Playmobil has 3 types of houses:
— Ready-made houses.
— Houses built with wall panels from the System X system.
— Houses built with wall panels from the Steck system.
The System X is characterized by relatively thick wall parts, roofs and accessories connected by single-sided or double-sided plugs with an "X" notch. With a special key (it looks like Ikea), these plugs can be attached to the wall parts, after which the various parts can be joined together. Which plug you should use indicates for itself, but if you are in doubt, you can consult Playmobil's building instructions. These can be found on the website of Playmobil.

The wall parts are connected by plugs. The yellow plugs are double-sided, the red single-sided. With a special key, the plugs can be attached or removed.

Here a roofing section with single-sided plugs is attached to the floor.

Two-sided plugs are used at the cam.

Other floor parts are also connected with double-sided plugs.

After all parts are connected, the cottage is a solid construction. To change the playful character of the house into a house for a train layout, I replaced the open roof part with a closed roof part. Because most windows do not have glazing, it has to be applied. Just like at the signal house I made the windows of old CD boxes, a trick that I have learned from Kretabaan (=member of our LGB forum). Not only the windows, but also the door is glazed. On the backside I have attached a nameplate.

The open roof part is replaced by a closed roof part. The window is glazed.

The end result is looks pretty. The Playmobil figures can also be replaced by LGB figures, you may spray the house to obtain a better life-like look.

A nameplate gives a personal character to a house.

Playmobil wall parts are still available on eBay. Over time you can collect wall- and roof parts, cleaning them and building them up to a new house. The system is less flexible than Lego, but you can obtain nice results. The components are extremely weatherproof and are tested by Playmobil. However, discoloration occurs after prolonged exposure to sunlight, but that does not affect the quality of the plastic.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Villa Villekulla
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 18:49:39 »
Where's Pippi?  ???
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict