Author Topic: New red Jingasa(hats)  (Read 1028 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
New red Jingasa(hats)
« on: April 20, 2017, 08:30:27 »
New bright red lacquered Jingasa(hats)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: New red Jingasa(hats)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:35:41 »
"My Lord will surely promote me for this!"
(The Smithsonian released a video on the samurai tradition of collecting the heads of defeated samurai(s)...the battle, date, name of the victorious samurai, the weapons used and details of the fight, and the name of the deceased, would be recorded and forwarded to the clan leaders for assignment of reward.)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 00:43:55 »
That is incredible.

I like the translucent war fan.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 03:58:31 »
That is incredible.

I like the translucent war fan.

Thank you!
this 'translucent' silk war fan won't be protecting him from arrows for sure :P

(war fans are sometmes contructed with metal and history has it that a famous lord parried weapons with his war fan during a famous battle and spoiled the surprise attack on his life when his enemy galloped into his command centre on the battlefield)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 07:57:14 »
You just keep these marvelous customs and the background to them coming, master cheng.  Long may you continue to do so!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 13:35:54 »
I've said it before: if PM want to break into the Asian market, they should forget that "Asian Dragon" nonsense and hire cheng to design a historically accurate Chinese, Japanese and/or Korean theme. It would be explosively popular.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 17:09:50 »
thanks Playmofire Gordon!

I've said it before: if PM want to break into the Asian market, they should forget that "Asian Dragon" nonsense and hire cheng to design a historically accurate Chinese, Japanese and/or Korean theme. It would be explosively popular.

an Macruran, I'll be very excitedly using their resources to produce all those I have customized using 100% genuine playmo parts....
first part I'll ask them to produce on my first day of work, will be to reproduce those white judoka belts(with provision for attaching flags etc) as a simultaneous start for all 3 Asian themes.....bedtime soon....hope I at least dream about it tonight  :lol:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 08:53:02 »
Such detail and precision! I love seeing your latest creations master cheng; though I know nothing of the history behind them, your work is always gobsmackingly wonderful!

May all your dreams come true!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 09:01:22 »
May all your dreams come true!

thank you GrahamB! ......and I'll ask for samples of their new Asians to be mailed to all my playmofriends here(continuing my dream,  day dream now :P)