Author Topic: My samurai wearing their flags now  (Read 6239 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: My samurai wearing their flags now
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 14:36:34 »
(can anyone tell me why my photos still look small here compared to other members' photos, altho mine are above 90kb)

There are two ways to display photos, cheng. Attachments (which you used) and links. With a link, the photo is stored on another website so it doesn't eat up bandwidth on this site. Each time a message is displayed on this site, the server fetches the picture data from the other site and displays it at the size it is provided, so all that is stored here is a small instruction about where to find the picture. (That explanation is probably totally wrong, but it's how I think about it!).

I think there is a topic explaining picture links, but I couldn't find it when I had a quick look just now. What you need is an account at an image-hosting website (I use photobucket, where you can get an account for free). You upload your pictures to their website, copy a link for each picture onto your clipboard and paste it into your message here at PF, using the 'image' button (or by typing [img.] before and [/img.] after the link, missing out the dots).

Hope that helps!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 17:39:32 »
thanks Macruran &Gordon!

and big thanks for taking the trouble to repeat all these here GrahamB :)
....someday I'll upload my photos in the clouds but until then, at <100kb, that's as big as I can show my photos here.....nothing wrong with my photo editing software, then!  :D

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 18:31:34 »
....someday I'll upload my photos in the clouds

I love that phrase, pure poetry. It could be one of Randy Crawford's:

"One day I'll fly away, find another site to post on.."
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 03:16:15 »
 ;D

I'd just like to add that

What you need is an account at an image-hosting website (I use photobucket, where you can get an account for free).

If you use imgur you don't even need an account. This is a little better because there is no storage limit for you.

Sadly though the fate of all image hotlinks seems to be to vanish over time. Look at posts in this forum from ten years ago: wildernesses of missing pictures.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 08:21:19 »
If you use imgur you don't even need an account. This is a little better because there is no storage limit for you.

Sadly though the fate of all image hotlinks seems to be to vanish over time. Look at posts in this forum from ten years ago: wildernesses of missing pictures.

thanks and right, when I check up old threads, some are with missing photos making the thread difficult to fully comprehend....no guarantee that any free storage will last for a long time  :P

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 02:57:53 »
improved their flags and took individual group photos so they are easier to see but I didnt bother to reposition each man for the different angles nor will will see the helmeted samurai's faces since I'm taking from a higher angle to show the flags.....

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 02:59:50 »
I couldnt accept those pink purple playmo parts until now  :-[

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 03:01:39 »
their death head kamon did not have cross bones nor lower jaws mostly

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 04:35:30 »
Your new photo angle shows off the quality of your work still more, cheng, and gives a good idea of how dramatic a samurai army would look in real life.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 09:38:41 »
thanks Gordon...tried to improve my photo...this one's better from ground level