Author Topic: 6887 Summer camp  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
6887 Summer camp
« on: March 01, 2017, 14:35:58 »
I've managed to find the time to buy this summer camp set (6887) and make some picture for a review. I wish there were a parallel universe in which I actually had time to play with my Playmobil sets, but that is another matter  :toot:

For €54,99, this is what the summer camp has to offer. The box and contents look like this:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: 6887 Summer camp
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 14:40:59 »
These are the happy campers:

The boy in the middle has a printed neckline showing some skin, but unfortunately the printing is off. It looks scratchy and the orange of his shirt is showing through. That is a pity, because this torso could work for a medieval kid's outfit. Ah well!
His hair looks nice, though.

And how cute are those panda bears on the girl's shirt? :)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 14:44:19 »
I'm really happy with this new bungalow. It has a lovely colour scheme and lots of places to sleep, and I really like the outdoor bathroom  ;D

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 14:47:15 »
I was thinking of buying several of these sets to make for one big summer camp site, but it wouldn't be right to have a kitchen in every bungalow.
This is what the building looks like without the kitchen. Works for me!

You could add more beds or furniture (table, chairs, cupboards...).

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 15:06:20 »
Here's a shot of all the items included in the set. Four of the drink carton stickers are new (at least to me): there's a different, bigger cow on the milk carton, there's chocolate milk (with flowers?), a strawberry yogurt drink and a multi fruit drink. For some reason they did not include a brown carton, so you can have your chocolate milk in a white, a green or an orange packaging.

The contraption for grilling lots of pieces of meat at the same time is quite funny. Or is that an actual thing? I've never been the camping type, I have to admit  :lol:
Notice how they re-used the bull's eye from the medieval sets. And the meat-and-sausages are beige and pale orange. Did they go for the healthier chicken or turkey meat?

I really like the table and the green seats.

This is something for the kids to enjoy - if they don't plunge to their deaths that is, because they're not secured at all. They just have to hang on for dear life. Adventurous!  ;D

And that is a close-up of a torturing machine the thingy that secures the zip line. The grey top (on top of the bolt) can wiggle in any direction, so that you can screw the zip line onto any surface really. It's quite handy.

What I like most about this set, is the gorgeous building (a building, not a single wall!) and the design of the camp logo. You get two stickers to put on either side of the box, but I used one of them for the ladder in the bungalow.

I hope this summer I can do a nice big summer camp dio, hopefully with three of these sets, one functioning as a kitchen and common area, the other two as sleeping accommodation.

Let me know what you think about it.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 15:49:32 »
Oooooo! I like that a lot! I've got to get a few of these.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 18:06:17 »
That's a great set. Lots of useful stuff there. I think they got the idea for the big campfire from German collector Elise who has used it in her Alpine festival dioramas since about 2013. Hers was custom of course, but it's great to see something like that show up in an actual set.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 21:30:09 »
Thanks for the review - that one has been in and out of THE LIST...

The green window is a no-no - we wanted it for a more... ancient setting. And the "bathroom" in the back too - though it is AMAZING for what it is (thanks for the close ups!)

It's system WHY, right? Does it come apart easily for storage? (my wallet strongly dislikes you).

I do love the kids. (btw, if someone gets a bunch of those sets and wants to trade the kids... lemme know ;) )

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 09:13:20 »
I hope no one goes to the toilet in the middle of the night.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline indianapierre

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Draft in Dance.com
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 03:49:32 »
That giant grill contraption is a real thing. I actually saw one a couple years back when I was in Germany at a beer tent.

I liked it so much, I thought it would be a great custom to build for my medieval town. Im super excited to see it actually be made!