General > What is this???

Playmobil old style white horse with molded saddle.

(1/2) > >>

The_Mad_Hadder:
After posting one of my latest purchases on "My collection of Western theme..." Tiermann had asked if 3623 color cowboys came with a white horse with a molded saddle as one piece. When I reviewed the item again I was able to confirm that the white horse and saddle in this set are indeed two separate pieces.

What we know so far about one piece saddle and horse:

Schaper released such horses in sets 1982 and 1983 that were made in Malta.
(you can get a brown horse with molded saddle if you can find the Playmobil McDonald's Happy Meal toy from 1982 example below)

(or a black horse in such sets like 2955 example below)

I was also able to determin that in 1974 Playmobil Geobra released a brown horse that was one piece with saddle.

So now we need a collective group effort to find out when and in which set or was it a trial/ example piece that a white horse with molded saddle as one solid piece can be found.
If any ones has some additional information that can help shed light on the subject it would be appreciated.

The_Mad_Hadder:
Thank you for the move

Tiermann:
I don't think it is limited to Schaper.
I know now of three of them in collector hands, one in Germany, one in Spain, and one in the UK. None I think were international purchases, so that implies pretty broad distribution. It's definitely early as the molded saddle horses didn't last longer than a year or two of production.

Tiermann:
Here it is

I owe a huge thank you to GrahamB yet again. A small thank you to the peroxide method and a sunny day for helping me clear up a bit of yellowing as well.

Still no certain idea what set this one is from, we may never know. I do get surprised sometimes and just had an early dog finally find a set of origin due to the memory of a collector in Mexico.

GrahamB:

--- Quote from: Tiermann on March 12, 2017, 17:03:44 ---I do get surprised sometimes and just had an early dog finally find a set of origin due to the memory of a collector in Mexico.

--- End quote ---

Does that mean you only need the two sharks now? Or is the dog still just a mirage?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version