Author Topic: Ghostbusters & HTTYD sets on Playmobil USA with (mostly) August availability  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
Ghostbusters are available in stores in Canada and TRU is currently having a 20% sale on Playmobil sets, so I got the entire line.

The Ecto-1 car is really impressive and the Terrordogs make great threats for wandering knights :)
I just need to find some time to build that firehouse.

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
Ghostbusters are available in stores in Canada and TRU is currently having a 20% sale on Playmobil sets, so I got the entire line.

The Ecto-1 car is really impressive and the Terrordogs make great threats for wandering knights :)
I just need to find some time to build that firehouse.

Thank you for this, I too just went and picked up every single set, along with the blue porsche. All because of you. I rarely goto Toy's R Us, but at 20% off how could I say no.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
Dragons sets are now available in Canada.
I spotted them today in Laval, Quebec.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Dragons sets are now available in Canada.
I spotted them today in Laval, Quebec.

Great news! That is really early - they aren't seen in Germany yet (the official release date is the middle of August).

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
In the US Playmobil.us has started making the Ghost Busters and HTTYD sets non-discountable on the periodic online coupons. No more discounts when buying directly on those for the time being.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
In the US Playmobil.us has started making the Ghost Busters and HTTYD sets non-discountable on the periodic online coupons. No more discounts when buying directly on those for the time being.

Isn't that good news as it means they're popular?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
So for the three bigger dragons and like them, especially Stormfly.
Noticed in the ship set that I am going to be skipping that the soldier there has a new hat - a bear head hat. I need that and it's available in German parts right now. Would like the whole figure but don't want the ship for just one guy.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
So for the three bigger dragons and like them, especially Stormfly.

They are all a bit caricaturish to me but I am impartial to the film, so really have no preconceived ideas about how they should look.

I notice that Stormfly has the body of the most classic of all PM dragons, the splendid and adorable Wyvern Large 2 of your classification, Tim. That is why I really regret that the saddle cannot be purchased separately as a spare part  :'( , different from the bear head hat (I like that term :D). I would have loved to ride my classic wyverns!

By the way: I notice that HTTYD has already been fully integrated into www.animobil.info. Well done!

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Also, I notice that Berk (9243) at $120 is relatively cheaper (compared to other HTTYD sets) in the US than DE (125€). I am honestly shocked that they are actually charging the pre-published list price, and didn't discount from day one, as has been happening with more than one fairly expensive set recently. It contains some quite (actually: really) nice parts, but I cannot believe that anyone is going to pay that much money for a big hulk of chunky, inflexible scenery - I would love to integrate that statue-flanked doorway into another (preferable System-X) building, but just cannot see how that should be done.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
They are all a bit caricaturish to me but I am impartial to the film, so really have no preconceived ideas about how they should look.

They look pretty close to the ones in the movies to me (Stormfly maybe has a bigger head in the movies). It is a cartoon.

I was hoping to use the coupon though. $30 rather exceeds my gifts-for-children-that-are-not-mine budget. Generic, non-trademarked dragons may be in order.