Author Topic: 9114 Ice Cream Van  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
9114 Ice Cream Van
« on: February 05, 2017, 22:56:17 »
9114 Ice Cream Van is currently a US exclusive and is available from Playmobil.com
It uses the same vehicle molds as the Food Truck, but in a different color scheme with new paint and added stickers.

Here are the box sides

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 9114 Ice Cream Van
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 22:58:40 »
Here are the box contents, in bags and opened

Most of the parts are reused, but note that the blender is in this set in solver but without the front control print. Also the blue print on the mans torso is nice as is the kid with the Saturn planet on his shirt front.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 23:01:27 »
The set comes with some fairly big stickers for the van. There is one big ice cream cone for the back side of the van

There is one for the front above the wind shield as well

and there is one that goes on the side door to look like an awning, as well as the one for the fin on top.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 23:07:44 »
Here it is all together as well as a close up of the view in the side window

There is a sticker on the inside wall that is probably the hardest to get on. There is also one of the ice cream that goes where the grill goes on the food truck. A nice assortment of ice cream accessories are included including two scoops, four of the dishes with ice cream, four cones and two ice cream inserts for those. There are also three of the cups with straw lids. Along with the blender, box with four spoons and two canisters (the old humidor mold) it is a nice assortment of small parts to play with. With the ice cream man plus two kids there is something to do and of course the rest of your Playmo people will want to drop by and pick something up as well.
Overall I think this is a great set and a welcome expansion on the food truck idea from last year. The price is $24.99 which is a very good price for this size vehicle and of course it can be purchased with a coupon when available to get the price down even more.
That's it for this review, let me know if there are any specific questions I can answer on it for anyone.

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 01:57:06 »
That's an interesting set, Tim, and thank you for a great review.

At one time in recent years  the detail would have been printed on the van rather than relying on giant stickers, but maybe on a release limited to the USA printing is too expensive for what will presumably be a short run.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 02:08:52 »
That's even nicer than I thought it was going to be.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 04:12:10 »
Wow that is really great. THis set is a must have. Love that there's even a blender in there, i don't have one of those yet.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 18:55:42 »
Oh... Now I want it :P

Thanks for the great review (my wallet is very upset with you - not the exact words, btw)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 21:32:36 »
I really like this one, and the original food truck (I actually think I prefer the food truck).... but they're not available in the UK I think  :(

Seems good value

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 05:45:09 »
Thank you for the detailed review Tim
I love this, I must try and get one as it will fit perfectly in one of my planned dioramas at Kirbean this summer.   :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).