Author Topic: Ordering on Playmobil UK using on-line parts order list  (Read 4966 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Ordering on Playmobil UK using on-line parts order list
« on: January 20, 2017, 20:04:24 »
Apologies if this has been asked before, but a quick search hasn't turned anything up.

I usually send in DS orders by email with a list attached but I thought I would try the on-line parts order form this time. 

However, it only has room for 20 items. 

Does anyone know if i can be increased to take more than 20 items. please?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: Ordering on Playmobil UK using on-line parts order list
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:46:55 »
If you go to the 'look up part' section and type the number it shows if the part is available and what price. It also has a buy option and the item can then be added to your shopping cart along with regular sets.
I think the order form is for ordering stuff that isn't available through the shop but can still be ordered online but as a separate order.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 07:29:51 »
Thanks for that info, which I didn't know.  Unfortunately, most of the parts are not currently available.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 12:15:39 »
Thanks for that info, which I didn't know.  Unfortunately, most of the parts are not currently available.

I had that same problem when I called the US DS. She didn't seem happy and asked, "are there many more?" I had to cut off about half of my list. We used to e-mail and they would send an invoice, but now apparently they want us to call again. hmmmm...
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 12:42:44 »
I shall try adding things to the cart, but as you can only add on item at a time, it's a bit time consuming to add, say, 12 of an item.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 17:58:23 »
I shall try adding things to the cart, but as you can only add on item at a time, it's a bit time consuming to add, say, 12 of an item.
You can change the quantity when you review your cart items. Or you can click the buy button 12 times.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 19:31:08 »
You can change the quantity when you review your cart items. Or you can click the buy button 12 times.

Thanks for tbat.   :wave:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 19:42:41 »
I used that online order form once, playmofire, but only for a few items. I don't know if you can expand it to more than 20 parts. I always email a list and the service is very good. It's worth including items even if they are shown as 'no longer available' on Find Parts, because the staff do have lists of some alternatives for discontinued parts. And try putting in Klicky part numbers too if you need any; most recent klickies seem to be available (though very few show up with Find Parts).

The spare parts service varies from country to country. The UK one seems pretty good, but I believe staff still have to enter every part number manually into their system, even if you send them an electronic list such as a spreadsheet! So if you send a long list, you may have a slightly longer wait to get a reply. Bless them all!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 21:43:04 »
I've always found UK DS very good, although there is the occasional error.  For example, on my last order six gable ends became one. I have my own Word based order form I use.

I'm surprised if using the basket or on-line order form still requires the items being input.  I may ask and see what the answer is.

Thanks for the info on discontinued items.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 04:05:52 »
Its old topic but the UK DS is normally better as German DS itself. Even the same persons picking the Order together. I always do a Phone order (when I have more than 10 Items, I do another Order 2 days later) and I order sometimes 500x or more of one item. I normally have no problem, but sometimes I  have to explain why. Its fine as iam no Seller at all.

The UK DS is actually very good as you can place 10 Numbers on the Phone and you get told straight away, when items are not avaible and you can add another Number up to 10 instead. I prefer this, because it makes my planning much easier an I don't get surprised that items are missing.

Just do another order 1 or 2 days later. They ship with UPS and they are most of the Time very Quick with Delivery..