Author Topic: Martin Luther change  (Read 4998 times)

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Martin Luther change
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 20:29:00 »
I know some Christians do regard the Old Testament as irrelevant now that there is the New Testament, but for most the two are used in worship and study.

There is an old saying, "The New is in the Old concealed, the Old is by the New revealed", which sums up a view of the relationship between the two.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 16:52:58 »
The logic of this accusation is quite tortured. Still, it could have been worse - the book could be showing a differen text by Luther. I have a mockup of 6099 with this text but I won't be posting it because it's so offensive! (PM if interested)
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 10:18:30 »
Da das AT als Tenach nach wie vor das Heilige Buch des Judentums darstellt, kann ein "Ende des AT" auch als Ende des Judentums mißverstanden werden. Und das wäre eindeutig andijüdisch, wenn nicht sogar antisemitisch. Für ihn war aber immer wichtig "was Christum treibet", also ob ein Text Jesus und seine Botschaft zum Mittelpunkt hat oder nicht - egal ob im AT oder NT.
Luther zeigte sich in seinen späten Schriften leider recht antisemitisch, und es gibt die These, daß das aus Enttäuschung heraus geschah: er konnte einfach nicht verstehen, wie jemand nicht von der Gnade allein aus Glauben überzeugt sein konnte - sei er Jude oder Katholik.

As our Old Testament still is the holy book of Jews, so an ENDE to the Old Testament could be seen as an end to that religion. And that of course would be at least anti jewish if not anti semitic as such. To Luther the point always was "was Christum treibet" (if it's about Jesus Christ) - no matter if it's an Old or a New Testament text.
He indeed turned very anti jewish in later years and it is considered that's a result of frustration. He couldn't understand how anybody could not follow the way of that amazing grace just for faith - be he a Jew or a Catholic.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 11:03:02 »
Thank you for that information, Stefan.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 12:02:59 »
Hi guys!
There's currently a report for this thread, so while we sort it out, it will be locked.
Thanks for understanding
 :wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 10:55:40 »
Done.
One reply was required to be removed by its own author, to prevent some misunderstanding.

On the other hand, have in mind that this thread, at least IMO, is "borderline" with GUIDELINE #4, so it might be locked again if the Mod Team decides so.

4. Members come to PlaymoFriends primarily to relax, socialize, and enjoy their hobby in the company of people who share their interest. Therefore, we ask that, in general, you refrain from discussing politics, religion, or other controversial topics. Should such a topic naturally arise, we must insist that only respectful, polite comments be posted and that extra consideration is taken to avoid insulting or rude posts. Hurtful behavior will not be tolerated, for the good of all.

:wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 02:13:14 »
Here's the new endless version:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 02:21:01 »
 >:(
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2017, 05:19:38 »
It now looks rather like both books begin at the middle.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 16:16:40 »
It now looks rather like both books begin at the middle.

Yup! They should have printed the Old Testament title upside down too!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)