General > News

Martin Luther change

(1/6) > >>

Klickteryx:
This should be separate from the post in the Playmobil in the News thread as there will be a change to the printing on the bible that comes with this klicky.

Apparently the word END on the left side of the book is offensive so will be removed in future editions. People may want to stock up on the current version before that happens.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/01/04/tiny-martin-luther-toy-triggers-claims-anti-semitism/96150612/

--- Quote ---Why was the word “END” written so prominently, Brumlik asked. “Theologically, there can be no other reason than that the ‘Old Testament’ and its validity should be seen as ended and superseded,” he wrote in the Berlin newspaper tageszeitung.
--- End quote ---

Brumlik is a retired jewish professor and is the one who first complained about the Martin Luther set and claimed it was anti-semitic. He also had a problem with the text of the book.

--- Quote ---After discussions among its sponsors, the Nuremberg tourist bureau announced that the word “END” would be removed from all future copies of the toy. The theologically more correct model will be available in March.
--- End quote ---

tahra:
I think they need a hobby. Another, I mean :P

Klickteryx:

--- Quote from: tahra on January 05, 2017, 21:14:28 ---I think they need a hobby. Another, I mean :P

--- End quote ---
Silly me, I saw END and assumed it meant the end of the book, which I think it actually does but whatever. Now we know what retired professors spend their time doing, going through toys to find anything that might offend them. 8}

tahra:

--- Quote from: Klickteryx on January 05, 2017, 21:43:31 ---Silly me, I saw END and assumed it meant the end of the book, which I think it actually does but whatever. Now we know what retired professors spend their time doing, going through toys to find anything that might offend them. 8}

--- End quote ---

Like I said. A new hobby.  ::)

Ismene:
*blink*  ???

It's a half inch book. The words can only be made so small.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version