Author Topic: Greetings from Finland  (Read 4730 times)

Offline JensL

• Playmo Pal
Greetings from Finland
« on: October 24, 2016, 18:22:37 »
Hi there!

I was recently helping clean up my aging parents house and managed to box and bring home all my old Playmobils. I have now for a few weeks been trying to figure out what all kind of sets I have and have been gathering them, photograph and bag them. I hope to manage complete the sets and find all the spare part I'm missing, and it seems to be that for the last 20 years a good deal of parts have gone missing so I'm in for quite a search :)

The collection includes at least Space, Waterworld, Pony ranch, Circus, Pirates, Knights, Traffic, Police, Hospital, Fire truck, marine and western. To my harm I noticed that my mother had made the Victorian mansion disappear with most of the interior.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Greetings from Finland
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 19:15:40 »
A warm welcome from the UK to our first Finnish member!   :wave:  (I think I'm right in that.)

Members here will help you identify sets and this site - http://playmodb.org/ - will help you find parts.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 19:29:31 »
Welcome from Portugal!

You do seem to have your task cut out for you - looking forward to seeing your progress!

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 20:23:28 »
Welcome from Hamilton, Ontario.

Check out Playmodb to find out what pieces came with what sets. If you need help with the Western theme I am your man to talk to.

Cheers,
James C. Byrne
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 16:00:58 »
Welcome JensL!
I don't know how easy it is to get parts of old sets in Finland, either through eBay (or similar) or Playmobil's Direct Service for spare parts. Some sets issued in recent years have parts which are identical to the ones in old sets. It's great fun tracking down the missing bits! And you have a good range of themes to go at!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tacbe

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 03:48:26 »
And half way completion the older sets you'll find yourself collecting all kind of sets (old and new).  :lol:
Hope you enjoy your hunting trip.

Welcome from the Netherlands!
Playmobil will not tire, it will not falter and it will not fail

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 04:28:58 »
Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear the Victorians have disappeared.

Offline JensL

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 10:21:44 »
Thank you all for all the welcomes! I am uploading the sets to my dropbox account for the time being, and as soon I have all the sets built i will start the work with gathering spare parts.

Here's the link to the sets I've had a chance to build this far. I'm saving the largest ones last :) Some are still missing ID numbers, but I'll mark the tonight when I get home from work. Only one ID is missing.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8vm5cz4omokgh0z/AABM7Pjf_E4lpw4_g3bFVcKZa?dl=0

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 19:38:56 »
Welcome from Oregon USA!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 21:43:27 »