Author Topic: Entire Cruise Ship Theme (6978, 6979, 6983, 6981, 6980, 6982)  (Read 4676 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Entire Cruise Ship Theme (6978, 6979, 6983, 6981, 6980, 6982)
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 08:40:36 »
Thank you for a very comprehensive review and congratulations on your prize.

That ship is enormous and I imagine the price is similarly enormous; maybe a bit of a gamble by Playmobil there.

The joints on the figures with the surfboard and diving set etc is really crude and reminds me of the PlayBig figures.   It really seems a backward step.  Surely, a neater joint could have been devised?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 09:38:13 »
I had hoped that you would write a review, BowlInJar!

Great the see the cruise ship close-up, especially.  I think it is really nice - though the sticker for the front window would worry me: get that stuck on wrongly, and it would spoil the whole look of the (expensive) ship.  Or are you and your perfectionism with stickers available for hire?   ;)

I hadn't paid much attention to the speedboat before, but that's a nice boat too.

It must have been so exciting, having all those sets arrive!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 12:20:49 »
I received the entire Cruise Ship Theme as a prize for coming in third place in the Playmobil Collectors Club "Mini Diorama Competition."   (Congrats again to Tahra for taking first place!) 

Thank you - and to you :)

Thanks for all the detailed pics!

6978 Cruise Ship

I love how the logo is raised/embossed on these new larger boxes.  It doesn't show well on the photos, but it's a nice touch!

I don't think that's really new though..

I love the staircase used for embarking onto the ship.

I think that is very nice.. except the color...

Is the bed separate from the rest of the "furniture" - I like it.. must be the color. Actually, I like the smaller beds too.

6979 Island Juice Bar

Out of all the sets in this theme, I was most excited about this one. 

That was the one we preferred too! The coconuts! The turtle! :love:

6983 Singer with Stage

I think it's a nice stage, but sooo tiny..

I am not fond of the dressed speedos... Glad your daughter had fun with it though

6981 Diving Trip with Speedboat

(...)

My kids were especially stoked on the secret compartment up front, that they can use to store the extra snorkeling gear.

I had no idea!  :o

That's nice!

Oh, and the dolphins!   A nice touch!!

Is the dolphin new? Looks blue in the box...

I want him if we don't have one like that yet..

6980 Personal Watercraft with Banana Boat

(...)

And the klickys.  Love the monkey shirt on the little boy!!

I really like that man... and the banana looks like fun...

6982 Surfer with Beach Quad

I like the klicky too...

OK… so there's the run down of the sets individually.  Let's take a look at a few photos of everything working together.

Great pics (love the guy climbing the tree!) - thank you very much for sharing!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 12:24:08 »
Thanks Bogol.  That's an interesting point about the cruise ship not being "ship worthy" for the water.  I can see how that might be disappointing to those who like to play with them in the water. 

Personally, we have a couple pirate ships and a few other vessels and we have never placed them in water, so it didn't even cross my mind.

Ditto, I think we only put the first little boat we got in the water once... back then the motor was included, and the first one did a couple of laps in the tub...

What a great prize!! (Also congrats to Tahra!! What did she get for first place?!?!?)

The big captain.. who I believe arrived today!

The joints on the figures with the surfboard and diving set etc is really crude and reminds me of the PlayBig figures.   It really seems a backward step.  Surely, a neater joint could have been devised?

Not sure what you mean... there is nothing different/new about them.. is there?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 14:03:54 »
Quote from: playmofire on Today at 00:40:36

Not sure what you mean... there is nothing different/new about them.. is there?

Maybe it' just me, but the top of the legs just seem more obvious than with the earlier versions of these legs - see here

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww48/playmofire/Playmobil/Kirkbean%202012/Beach/Beach0008.jpg

And many congratulations on your success, Tahra.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 14:19:45 »
Maybe it' just me, but the top of the legs just seem more obvious than with the earlier versions of these legs - see here

Maybe it is less obvious in proper speedos? Cause it is supposed to be different - the legs from the "undies", I mean?

And many congratulations on your success, Tahra.   :wave:

Thank you :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 17:10:21 »
Great review, wonderful to see all of these sets in detail. It's a nice theme and I may well get all of it except the big cruise ship. For my sorts of dioramas I just don't see that fitting in. The rest though have many nice pieces and some great figures. Congratulations again!

Offline sunshai

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • Deal Hunter
    • Playmodeal.com - The Deal Hunter for Playmobil toys
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 19:01:51 »
That's a great review.seems like the ship is really dominant in this theme.